Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
Nature of Work:
The selected candidate will be responsible for conducting experiments or implementing processes for the manufacture of protein-derived therapeutics. Implementation of manufacturing SOP's within the Gates Biomanufacturing cGMP Facility may also be required.
This position requires industrial experience related to the process development and manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics.
This position reports directly to Director of Protein Chemistry for the Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Biology.
No supervision will be exercised at time of hire.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Implementation of protein process development screening and optimization experiments, manufacturing operations, and SOPs at the new facility. Analyze samples and interpret results. Performs calculations to complete research test results; performs statistical analysis of lab results and maintain notes and log or computer database.
- Implement downstream manufacturing processes to meet user and cGMP requirements, including execution of batch records using Good Documentation Practices.
- Some analytical characterization could be required, with guidance from the Director of Protein Chemistry.
- Compile information and results into meaningful formats to ensure content is appropriately represented. This may involve presenting the information to clients.
- Manage and maintain facilities, protein process equipment, and supplies.
- Prepares stock chemical solutions.
- Long-term, employee could develop laboratory techniques related to cell therapy products.
- Provide exceptional customer service to users of the facility.
- Work in a professional and collaborative manner with coworkers and prospective users.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General understanding of protein chemistry, including protein purification and analytical.
- Understanding of buffer preparation and laboratory maintenance.
- Excellent understanding of data collection, analysis, and presentation, with an emphasis on reproducibility and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills
- A team-oriented, self-starter capable of operating independently in a start-up environment.
HIPAA - Research
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Chemistry, Molecular
- Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Industrial or academic experience related to the production of proteins
- Experience working in a cGMP manufacturing setting related to biological drugs intended for human use.
- Basic experience operating protein manufacturing, development, and analytical equipment. Specific skills desired include the ability to conduct to operate FPLC purification systems in the context of an SOP, TFF systems in the context of an SOP, and the preparation of protein samples for ELISA-based assays, SDS-PAGE, UV-spectroscopy, and other laboratory procedures.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Questions should be directed to Matthew Seefeldt at email@example.com.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09309
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: May 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Matthew Seefeldt
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00621252