Senior Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Senior Professional Research Assistant
Nature of Work:
The selected candidate will be responsible for implementation of manufacturing processes within the Gates Biomanufacturing cGMP Facility for the production of early-stage therapeutic proteins.
This position requires industrial experience related to the process development and manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics.
This position reports directly to the Director of Protein Chemistry for the Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Biology.
This position may have Professional Research Assistants that will directly report to the incumbent.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Implementation of Protein Manufacturing using Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other Protein Chemistry efforts to produce large molecule biologics for early Phase regulatory submissions.
- Implement upstream and downstream manufacturing processes to meet user requirements while following Good Manufacturing Practices.
- A portion of the position will require project management including scheduling, scenario planning, plan execution, and communications with stakeholders.
- Review of cGMP documentation and support of process troubleshooting and process optimization activities.
- Analysis of process performance data to ensure processes are performing as expected.
- Support of protocols, execution of studies, investigate and resolve technical issues encountered during studies, and prepare reports for process, ancillary studies, and shipping.
- Performs calculations to complete research test results; performs statistical analysis of lab results and maintain notes and log or computer database.
- Compile information and results into meaningful formats to ensure content is appropriately represented. This may involve presenting the information to clients.
- Manage and maintain protein process equipment, facilities, and supplies.
- Long-term, employee could develop techniques related to cell therapy products.
- Prepares stock chemical solutions.
- Provide exceptional customer service to users of the facility.
- Work in a professional and collaborative manner with coworkers and prospective users.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience operating protein manufacturing and development equipment.
- Specific skills desired include knowledge of E. coli fermentation, operation of
- FPLC purification systems, and other downstream equipment. Sample
- preparation may be required.
- Excellent communication skills
- A team-oriented, self-starter capable of operating independently in a start-up
Infectious Materials/Human Blood or Bodily Fluids
Radioactive Materials/Ionizing Radiation
HIPAA - Research
- Master's Degree or equivalent experience in Chemistry, Molecular Biology,Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Industrial biotech experience related to process development, scale up, or manufacturing of therapeutic proteins.
- Experience working in a cGMP manufacturing setting related to biological drugs intended for human use.
- Experience with developing protein-based purification methods.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Questions should be directed to Matthew Seefeldt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09312
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: May 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Matthew Seefeldt
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00050262