Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Barbara Davis Center has an opening for a full-time Professional Research Assistant. The Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes (BDC) is a multi-disciplinary diabetes center located on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The BDC is affiliated with the University of Colorado Denver's School of Medicine. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) Professional Research Assistant within the BDC's Adult Clinic. This is a clinical position with no laboratory duties.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
This is a position requiring interest in medical research, the ability to be self-directed, detail-oriented, and adaptable in a high-intensity research environment involving multiple industry sponsored pharmaceutical research studies.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Identify, recruit and enroll eligible patients into multiple industry sponsored and investigator initiated research studies involving the treatment and management of diabetes
- Data collection and data entry per study protocol requirements
- Educate patients and staff about study requirements
- Participate in study meetings and trainings as required
- Blood drawing, sample processing and shipping per protocol specification
- Work with industry and other agency monitors to ensure accuracy of data and adherence to protocols
- Perform EKG's and vitals (ht,wt, blood pressure) for study and clinic patients
- Assist with overall clinic duties such as patient check in and calling prescriptions to the pharmacy
- Use of Electronic Medical Record (Epic)
- Develop research protocols and informed consents in collaboration with Principal Investigator (PI)
- Bachelors of Arts or Sciences degree
- Previous experience in research or medical setting preferred
- Patient interaction and/or interviewing experience
- Phlebotomy, laboratory and EKG skills preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with type 1 diabetes
- IV certification and experience desired
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires good interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated ability to work under pressure, the ability to multitask and the willingness to learn and comply with relevant laws, rules, regulations and policies.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $ 35,000 - $ 40,000 and commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Questions should be directed to Talisha Bell, email@example.com
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09372
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20061 - SOM-Barbara Davis Center
Posting Date: May 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Talisha Bell
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00733101