Advanced Practice Provider (NP/PA)
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Advanced Practice Provider (NP/PA)
The Division of CT Surgery at the CU School of Medicine has a FT faculty position available at the rank of Instructor for an Advanced Practice Provider (NP or PA). Job Duties: Under the direction of the f-t faculty, the position provides outpatient medical care and patient administrative services at UC Hospital Comprehensive Thoracic Aortic Disease program. Primary functions include coordinating, triaging, and organizing patient flow as well as conducting patient visits under the supervision of attending physicians/surgeons. Position will also provide similar services for general cardiac surgery patients. Minimum qualifications for Advanced Practice Provider • Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program • Additional qualifications for NP: o Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse licensure by a national professional organization. o Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Colorado o Admission to the Advanced Practice Registry of the Colorado Board of Nursing • Additional qualifications for PA: o Current PA license for the state of Colorado • Prescriptive authority required • Prior experience in specialty area • Current ACLS certification Preferred qualifications for NP or PA • Prior experience coordinating a multi-disciplinary clinical program • Prior experience with EPIC
Minimum qualifications for Advanced Practice Provider:
- Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program
- Additional qualifications for NP:
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse licensure by a national professional organization.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Colorado
- Admission to the Advanced Practice Registry of the Colorado Board of Nursing
- Additional qualifications for PA:
- Current PA license for the state of Colorado
- Prescriptive authority required
- Prior experience in specialty area
- Current ACLS certification
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08690
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20314 - SOM-SRG-CT Clinical
Posting Date: Mar 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Mark Zolle
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00723680