Customer Coordinator (As Needed)
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers .*
University of Colorado Denver
CU South Denver location
Customer Coordinator (As Needed)
Position #725254 - Requisition 06132
CU South Denver is managed by the University of Colorado Denver, a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. All four CU campuses - CU Anschutz Medical Campus, CU Boulder, CU Colorado Springs, and CU Denver - collaborate in the success of the CU South Denver expansion. Located east of I-25 along Lincoln Ave. in Parker, the building was donated to the University of Colorado in 2015. The gift of the entire building and operations allows for more services, more convenience, and more value to be delivered to South Denver residents, employers, and business professionals. Classes are offered for degree-seeking and continuing education students and include popular interest areas such as nursing, engineering, education and business. CU South Denver serves as a cultural center and community asset, including an art and natural history museum, a large-screen movie theater, K-12 museum education programs, and community events for all ages. Catered event space for business, weddings and the community are available for rent. CU South Denver is a fun, educational place to work and help others.
This part-time, University Staff (non-classified) position supports the museum patrons at the the University of Colorado South Denver and is responsible for supporting various venues such as admissions, the bookstore, the caf, theatre, and museum maintenance and other assignments assigned by the Museum Manager. Responsibilities include greeting and directing visitors, selling admission tickets and concessions utilizing computerized point-of-sale system, monitoring galleries and exhibits, and handling customer service requests. Provides consistent, quality, and professional service at all times. This position serves public visitors, K-12 visitors, and higher education visitors.
This is an as needed position and requires the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays and may work up to a maximum 19 hours per week, as scheduled on an as needed basis by the Museum Manager.
The salary for this position has been established as $12 per hour.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Support events as required by the Museum Manager, Business Operations Director, or the Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development.
- Present and maintain an organized, positive, and welcoming environment for all CU Denver South constituents.
- Collaborate with the Museum Manager and other CU staff to ensure events are communicated accurately to visitors.
- Maintain components of the museum as required by the Museum Manager. The Museum is defined as the theatre, caf/concessions, Globeology, hallways and grounds, exhibits and art, the sphere, the Linigers' Art Collection (responsibility is limited to roles described in the Phase 2 MOU), and the admissions desk.
- Participate in organized training and meetings to learn new aspects related to the job and retain current information on CU, events, and general campus operations.
- Staff sales and handle cash procedures as required by policy and procedure in an ethical and accurate way. Operate point-of-sale systems and consistently follow all cash handling procedures. Recognize security risks concerning stock and cash, remain knowledgeable on how to prevent and handle these situations and follow established security procedures.
- Respond to requests from guests, supervisors and management in a timely, professional, and effective manner.
- Answer museum phone and greet individuals and groups as needed.
- At the Main Admission Desk: Must be approachable, have strong customer service skills, and be well-versed on all Museum policies, including Museum membership options. Must maintain a friendly demeanor even under stressful circumstances. Specific tasks include greeting visitors, sell tickets for all TWE events, and up-sell films with general admission purchase (combo tickets).
- At the Caf/Concession Stand: Fill food orders, maintain a clean environment and provide superior customer service. Monitor film ticket sales to anticipate visitor concession needs. Filling visitor food orders in a timely manner, operate POS systems and following all cash handling procedures. Answer the Museum phone, stock all concession inventory items, maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- As a Floor Monitor/Floater: Interface with the visitor and minimize any factors that may negatively impact the visitor's experience. Ensure all Museum spaces are clean and working efficiently. The Floor Monitor must maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor at all times. Interact with visitors in all galleries. Monitor theater doors and ticketing. Monitor visitor behavior (e.g., no food/drink policy). Monitor all exhibit areas for maintenance concerns (e.g., spills, broken exhibits). At the Store: Ensure each customer receives outstanding service. Greet every customer, complete purchases using computerized POS system, and prepare merchandise for sale, including ticketing, arrangement of displays and stock replenishment. Keep sales and stock room areas clean. Build rapport with customers to determine their needs and maximize all sales opportunities. Work as a team in meeting sales targets. Maintain extensive knowledge of all products, sales and promotions. Operate POS systems and follow all cash handling procedures. Display proficiency in opening and closing store.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Museum Manager, the Business Operations Director or the Vice Chancellor of South Denver.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Experience providing excellent and quality customer service to multiple constituents.
- Must be willing and able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, unassisted, on a daily basis.
- Must be willing and able to have the specific vision abilities required by this job, including close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing and able to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk, smell and hear.
- Must be willing and able to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays as required.
- Minimum 12 months customer service, cash handling and computerized POS system experience.
- Some college education.
- Ability to effectively report needs, issues, and solutions to the Museum Manager, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Business Operations, Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development in order to improve and evolve the participant experience.
- Ability to quickly and effectively meet the needs of customers who use the CU Denver South location for their events.
- Knowledge and willingness to be trained about the resources offered and provided at all University of Colorado campuses.
- Excellent communication skills, friendly and approachable persona.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Meghan Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by April 22, 2017. Those who do not apply by April 22nd may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Hospitality
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 60141 - ADM-VCSD BusOpMus/Theatr/GS
Posting Date: May 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Meghan Garcia
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00725254