FIELD DAY LAB DIRECTOR
JOB NO.: 90528-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Instructional Design, Research, Scientific, Web Design/Development, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90528-AS
Working Title: Field Day Lab Director
Official Title: RESEARCHER(E05DN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
FTE: 25% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's degree required in Education or related field
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in a PI, program manager, or director-level role of an educational media research and development organization.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership, project management and organizational development of a multidisciplinary team of engineers, artists, researchers and educators.
- Demonstrated experience conducting, evaluating,and presenting education research, particularly Design-based Research (DBR).
- Demonstrated success designing and producing education video games that are used at scale in formal and informal learning environments.
- Demonstrated success designing and producing tools, used by significant public and research audiences, that allow others to create mobile field work software.
- Demonstrated success designing and producing tools, used by significant public and research audiences, that allow others to create augmented reality.
- Demonstrated success developing and supporting communities of researchers around innovative themes of reseearch such as video games, augmented reality and citizen science.
- Demonstrated success with obtaining extramural funding as a principal investigator.
- An existing network of state, national and international collaborations within research and practitioner contexts.
- Experience lecturing and consulting internationally.
Located within the Wisconsin Center for Education Research, the Field Day Lab is a truly interdisciplinary team of educational researchers, software engineers, artists, and storytellers, exploring the intersection of contemporary learning science and media design, specializing in video games/simulation, field work and learning through design. We believe in keeping the products of our research free and open source, inspiring collaborative grassroots user communities and a robust network of educators and students iterating on one another's designs. Seeking to do what's never been done before, we constantly innovate, play, take risks, and "mess-make".
Reporting to the Deputy Director of the Wisconsin Center for Education Research, the Field Day Lab Director will have overall strategic, research, and operational responsibility for the team's staff, projects, collaborations, and development. This is a non-tenure track academic staff position. The position is dependent on successful fundraising by the Field Day Lab Director.
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a cover letter addressed to Dr. Eric Camburn, resume, and provide the contact information for three professional references through the university's online job application system.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 01 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 29 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time