Manager, College Curriculum and Centralized Scheduling (F/T), MFRE10215APA
Responsible for the management, daily operations and supervision of the College's Curriculum and Centralized Scheduling Office Ensure accuracy of all curriculum additions, deactivations and updates internally and on the College website as well as state reporting. Manage all processes, procedures, supporting documents, security, communication, staff and resources within the Curriculum and Centralized Scheduling Office. Provide support to the Academic Divisions and the College Curriculum Committee on the program development process for new degrees/certificates. Manage the Illinois Articulation Initiatives (IAI) records, database, and submissions, (new, revised and deactivations).
Position Title: Manager, College Curriculum and Centralized Scheduling (F/T), MFRE10215APA
Duties of Position:
- Manage the daily operation for all staff and functions in the College Curriculum and Centralized Scheduling Office.
- Develop short and long-term goals that are linked to the Annual Plan of Academic Affairs.
- Prepare, manage, track and approve expenditures of the Centralized Scheduling budget.
- Provide support and foster partnerships with Academic Affairs areas to promote curriculum development for programs of study.
- Prepare the academic calendar for College of DuPage Board of Trustees approval in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs. Provide calendar updates and track compliance of rules of the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) and the Higher Learning Commission.
- Manage the curriculum accuracy, accessibility, maintenance, security and disbursement of all such records, active, inactive and archival within the College as well at the ICCB.
- Responsible for advising faculty and administrators on the College curriculum process.
- Manage the process of centralized academic scheduling, ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of such schedule for both credit and non-credit class offerings, working directly with the Academic Deans, Associate Deans, Program Specialists and staff.
- Support the College's curriculum development and approval process; oversee the operation of the College's CurricUNET curriculum database.
- Manage the master course and curriculum files for all College of DuPage credit courses, degrees and certificates and the master College of DuPage catalog (print and online).
- Work with Marketing and Creative Services in the production of the College of DuPage catalog (print version) every two years for all curriculum items. Update the online version of the College catalog yearly.
- Manage the class scheduling process for all credit and non-credit class offerings for all terms, sessions and delivery modes.
- Develop the annual General Working Calendar of process scheduling deadlines that are used by Marketing and Creative Services, Enrollment Management and the academic divisions.
- Work with Marketing and Creative Services to ensure the accuracy of curriculum items available before posting on the College website.
- Assist the Director of Research and Analytics, Coordinator of Academic Assessment and Transfer Coordinator with reports and information for the ICCB as needed.
- Serve as liaison with Information Technology for division Deans, Directors and other College staff for curriculum and centralized scheduling processes (Ellucian, myACCESS and ASTRA).
- Analyze training needs for staff of Ellucian Curriculum processes, CurricUNET and ASTRA training; coordinate training activities of such for staff and faculty.
- Manage employees to ensure maximum productivity, efficient and effective workflow, teamwork and continued professional and personal development.
- Serve as the principal Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) contact person for the College, and responsible for all matters related to IAI.
- Represent Curriculum and Scheduling at local, regional and national student system conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years' experience in a management position and proven leadership ability for managing projects, processes and systems. Demonstrated organizational and supervisory skills. Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and organizational skills. Proficient in verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Management or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years' experience in higher education curriculum centralized scheduling development and implementation. Thorough knowledge of Colleague Student System, CurricUNET Curriculum Software System and ASTRA Room Scheduling System.
EDUCATION: Master's degree.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Personal computer, fax, printer, copier, multi-line telephone and MSOffice software.
Fast-paced setting, multiple/simultaneous demands on time, some travel and public speaking are required.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Academic Affairs - AA
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt