Admissions Counselor (Prof Serv Spec, 4) AFT
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Admissions the position is responsible for participation in all aspects of undergraduate admission efforts including participation in all recruiting activities, evaluating freshman candidates for admission, interviewing candidates, and all other duties assigned by the Associate Director.
The Admissions Counselor will recruit high school seniors throughout the northeast region as assigned. Recruitment activities include comprehensive presentations to high school counselors and students during high school visitations; representing Rowan University at college days and college nights; doing group presentations; and representing Rowan University to parents and students at regional and national college fairs. The Admissions Counselor will participate in the University Open House Programs, Campus Visit Programs, Admitted Students Days and Tour Presentations.
The Admissions Counselor will assist in reviewing freshman applications for fall and spring semesters. Application review includes evaluating a complete application, including any supporting materials.
The Admissions Counselor will participate on University committees and in related professional association activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college.
- One (1) year related professional work experience.
- Highly motivated and works well independently.
- Availability to work day, evening and weekend hours - including the ability to travel extensively.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience working in a college admissions office, including recruitment travel.
- Student-centered and able to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced academic environment.
- Highly proficient with technology, Banner, Slate CRM, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word).
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced team-leader with proven analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with various university constituent groups.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.