6325 Associate Registrar (Administrator I), Enrollment Services
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on May 12, 2017. To receive full consideration, apply by May 11, 2017. The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This position is in the Management Personnel Plan (Administrator I) and earns management benefits including medical, dental, vision, $100,000 life insurance plan, and the CalPERS pension plan. For more information on benefits included for this position, please see the benefits summary.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible, at will position. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but may vary based on operational needs.
Under the general direction of the Registrar, the Associate Registrar position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Office of the Registrar. This includes coordinating, developing and directing the clerical operation of the office in areas of public service, registration processes, records, transcript production, academic status determination and information dissemination to the campus. This position is also responsible for ensuring the daily delivery of information in an efficient, state of the art, timely way that is personal and supportive to the campus community.
- Provides key support to enrollment management strategies.
- Enrollment services provided to the campus community, admitted applicants, students, faculty, staff, graduates, alumni.
- Options and assistance to students, faculty, staff and the general public who experience difficulties with normal procedures regarding grades, transcripts and registration.
- Satisfactory resolution of complaints and problems, generating options and alternate solutions to resolve these situations.
- Development of new approaches to the changing needs of those groups that the University serves, in order to continuously improve the level and quality of services provided.
- Providing academic record information to students and former students in a timely and efficient manner in support of campus retention and advising initiatives.
- Providing critical enrollment and degree information that effects financial awards to students and affects alumni future careers.
- Maintaining the integrity of the academic record by timely processing of data.
- Oversee the operation of the public information area ensuring that a high standard of customer service is provided while maintaining quality control and integrity of records.
For more information regarding Enrollment Services, please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $66,612 per year. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and applied experience.
- Minimum of four years progressive experience as a Registrar, Associate Registrar or Assistant Registrar at a management level within a university setting.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Working knowledge of student information management systems (SIMSR)
- Working knowledge of California State University residency requirements
- 5-9 years progressive experience as a Registrar, Associate Registrar or Assistant Registrar at a management level within a university setting.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
All management and executive employees shall be required to provide a written statement to the appropriate administrator of any and all outside employment. Employees shall also provide a written statement of outside employment if a written request by an administrator is made.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.