6328 Office Coordinator (Administrative Support Coordinator I), Enrollment Services
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on May 12, 2017. To receive full consideration, apply by May 11, 2017. The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base), benefits eligible, temporary position anticipated to end on or before one year from initial date of appointment, with the possibility of reappointment and/or permanency. This position is designated non-exempt under FLSA and is eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
Under general direction of the Associate Director of Advising and Evaluations, the Administrative Support Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Academic Advising Center. The Academic Advising Center is a unit within the Office of Advising and Evaluations whereby advising and counseling services are provided to students.
This position will be responsible for greeting and assisting students who arrive at the Academic Advising Center seeking advising. This position will facilitate the screening and check-in process for the students. In addition to the check-in process, this position will be responsible for gathering and preparing the reports and documents that will be used by the academic adviser during the advising session.
This position will provide coordination and administration of broad office functions. Responsibilities include: assisting in the recruitment, training and monitoring of the day-to-day assignments and time keeping records of peer advisers and student assistants; establishing the schedules of front counter student assistants; ordering office supplies, maintaining inventory and submitting desktop service requests.
For more information regarding the Office of Advising and Evaluations please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $2,988 per month. CSU Classification Salary Range: $2,846 - $4,619 per month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
Specific position requirements include:
- Experience supporting the administrative functions of an office.
- Ability to work well with students and with the public in a reception capacity.
- Ability to work well with colleagues and appropriate administrators in coordinating office administrative functions.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, respect, thoughtful planning and office practices in completing responsibilities.
- Experience and skill in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- PC familiarity and web browser functionality
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Two or more years of work experience in an office environment involving a high degree of public contact in which it was required to effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts dealing with complex issues and those sensitive in nature.
- Two or more years of work experience in an office environment independently handling multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to learn policy, procedures and the administrative functions that support an advising office.
- Thorough knowledge of admissions regulations and certification policies of the CSU system and the functions of Admissions, Evaluations, Advising and Registrar’s Office preferred.
- Experience with student database management systems (SIMSR) and automated degree audit software (DARS) preferred.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.