Completion and Transition Specialist
The Completion and Transition Specialist works with appropriate entities to develop and implement a broad range of activities and programs which support student success. This position works with current and prospective students to provide information and access to appropriate services, and assists students throughout the enrollment and completion process; assists students with planning in order to address barriers to completion and retention; provides one-on-one advising at all stages while enrolled and follow-up when students leave the program.
1. Provides student success services to students and prospective students including but not limited to program and information activities, assistance with registration, academic advising, career planning, student activities, etc.
2. Has direct responsibility for implementing program completion activities with students seeking to earn High School credential, improve basic skills or English language skills.
3. Interacts with students and campus visitors to provide information about college programs and services.
4. Implements and revises a communication plan that connects student success initiatives on campus and promotes resources available to students and the campus community.
5. Assists students to identify perceived barriers to success in order to determine appropriate support services.
6. Coordinates the development of student resources which support all aspects of student success.
7. Facilitates students' goal setting process. Assists students in the development of Individual Education and Career Plans compatible with their interests, needs, and skills.
8. Assists with the coordination, development, and implementation of appropriate student success strategies.
9. Provides intervention strategies at critical points of the students' educational path.
10. Serves as a resource for development of new student success strategies.
11. Collaborates with relevant college areas to develop and implement student success programs and systems.
12. Responds to Adult Education faculty request for resources related to college and careers.
13. Assists with the developing and facilitating of transition related activities that promote the enrollment of GED/ESL students in credit courses.
14. Maintains a presence and facilitates cross-communications between the adult education department and the Career Center.
15. Maintain student files in accordance with funder and college requirements. Evaluates, assesses, and provides regular reports of progress of student success strategies and activities and provides support toward tracking student persistence and retention rates.
16. Remains current with funder mandates and WIOA requirements.
17. Serves on various department and institutional committees as assigned.
18. Serves on department, campus and district committees as needed.
19. Supervise and evaluate the performance and duties of assigned staff.
20. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Reports directly to the Director of Curriculum and Programming
1. Bachelor's Degree in Education, Psychology or related field; Master's Degree preferred.
1. A minimum of two years' experience as a student advisor or success strategist serving limited-English speaking and low literacy adults and immigrants, English as a Second Language students, adult basic education students, and citizenship preparation program students.
2. Experience using retention strategies and technologies to monitor and support student success.
1. Knowledge of retention strategies and technologies to support and improve student success.
1. Strong written and oral communication skills as well as strong student service orientation required.
2. Solid technology skills essential.
3. Ability to manage short-term and long-term projects and grant reporting.
4. Oral and written fluency in Spanish or Polish required.
5. Experience fostering relationships with external partners.