Director, Customer Engagement
The Director of Customer Engagement leverages leadership, business judgment, and analytical insight to develop and implement the Drexel Campus Services Frontline Enterprise, focusing on student experience and customer-centric initiatives. The Director leads a team that collaborates across Campus Services to create and deliver effective and integrated customer service programs and solutions. This position is responsible for delivering a variety of strategic and operational projects including annual business planning, integration of new product support models, and launching new service channels. This is a highly collaborative role, as the Director must work effectively with many partners to develop and implement frontline initiatives that meet the goals of the university's strategic plan and student experience initiatives.
The Drexel Campus Services portfolio includes Procurement Services, University Housing, Campus Dining, Retail Management, Bookstores, DragonCard & Dragon Dollars Services, Event & Conference Services, Parking Services, Printing & Mailing Services, Vending and the Drexel Student Centers. Campus Services comprises 2,500,000 square feet, an annual budget of more than $85,000,000 and a team of 63 professional staff members and 250 student employees. It is the mission of Campus Services to create dynamic campus and community destinations and deliver a variety of programs and services that are essential to recruiting and retaining today's students and employees. Success is built upon continuous improvement, strong internal and external partnerships and business acumen.
- Leads the customer experience initiative across all Campus Services units, including planning, training, implementation and continuous improvement measures. Serves as the leading customer experience advocate in considering decisions that will impact the customer.
- Designs and implements training and development programs and coaches frontline service providers to build their skills and capability to achieve best-in-class service delivery to the students and broader campus community.
- Works with senior team to assess need for customer service improvements based on strategic objectives, operational goals and staff development opportunities. Recommends process based on knowledge of the identified needs of the student and customers.
- Develop and manage quality assurance and continuous improvement programs for all aspects of the customer experience across Campus Services, including but not limited to call centers, email management, social media and escalated customer service issues. Implement regular calibration sessions to ensure consistency.
- Develops tools to measure effectiveness of customer engagement. Establishes customer experience benchmarks across key areas of customer interaction; implements and tracks metrics to understand performance and provide ongoing reporting and improvement. Manage external and internal customer feedback to measure performance and identify strategies and tactics to drive process improvement.
- Working closely with the director of retail management, coordinate frontline initiatives with business partners to ensure consistency of experience and monitor for alignment, taking an active role as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships between Campus Services and its partners, including but not limited to the units of Enrollment Management & Student Success, colleges, schools and the faculty through direct interaction to ensure that frontline initiatives are being fully leveraged to support the student and campus experience.
- Coordinate and ensure Campus Services representation, particularly for University Housing and Campus Dining, at events including but not limited to Admissions Open House, Accepted Student and Sneak Peek Days, New Student Orientation, and New Student Days. Represent the portfolio to constituent groups within and outside the University including but not limited to students, families, prospective students and families and campus partners.
- Support the entire Campus Services portfolio by leading the QUEST Team and creating programs that engage team members and provide opportunities for professional growth through communication, empowerment and recognition.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed. As appointed by supervisor and/or the Vice President of Campus Services, represent the department and division on committees and initiatives.
Bachelor's degree required with five or more years of related professional experience.
Supplemental Posting Information:
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigations.
All applicants must apply online through DrexelJobs to be considered.
Interested, qualified candidates may apply online at: https://www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1493669149250, or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for. The requisition number is 8201.
For more information about Drexel University, please visit www.drexel.edu.