Director of Development (The Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts)
Job Purpose: Major gifts officer responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects for gifts. This is a senior level position which require extensive knowledge of fundraising approaches in their respective areas and the highest levels of interpersonal skills. This position typically operates with only general direction of management and is expected to annually produce gifts that would rank this individual among the most productive major gift officers. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Implement the development plan for assigned college, school, program, or region.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a pool of major and principal prospects for assigned unit or region.
- Coordinate the development activities of unit head.
- Contact major gift donors and prospects for face-to-face visits.
- Engage the President, Deans, and School Chairs in the prospect/donor relationship as appropriate.
- Coordinate and supervise the efforts of staff, where applicable.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Six to eight years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires extensive knowledge of fundraising approaches and the highest levels of interpersonal skills. This job also requires skills in relationship-building, communications, prioritizing, negotiation and influencing, self-motivation, interpersonal and possess temperament to work with all organizational levels. Also required are strong strategic planning and organizational skills; being proactive; ability to work well under pressure; computer skills; ability and willingness to travel; basic understanding of planned giving vehicles and ability to identify potential planned giving donors and opportunities
- Preferred Education: Master's degree
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Additional Information: Weekend and evening required at events and entertainment; travel required.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT's background and credit policy.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: Donors and potential donors, alumni, parents, representatives of corporations and foundations, faculty, Georgia Tech senior executives, unit Directors of Development and Development staff This position typically will advise and counsel: External contacts, unit development officers, unit leadership, and faculty This position will supervise: May supervise staff