Clinical Placement Coordinator - School of Nursing - Monrovia
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Reports directly to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and is responsible for directing operational aspects of the School of Nursing clinical and preceptor facilities/contracts, student background and health checks, and clinical requirements. Represents multiple programs in the School of Nursing throughout the Southern California region. Collaborates with the associate dean, chairs, and directors and provides oversight and tracking of student placements, student clinical requirements, faculty clinical requirements, and Regional coordination meetings for clinical placements. Additionally, this person will develop and maintain strong working relationships with placement facilities.
- Master Degree required, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of customer service experience.
- Nursing experience preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Identify, establish, and maintain relationships with area health providers and the community for the purpose of further development and support of clinical affiliates.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clinical facilities.
- Oversee the assignment of preceptors for students in the School of Nursing.
- Assist the Department Chairs in identifying new clinical placements.
- Verify all required documentation, background checks, and health records for students placed in clinical facilities have been submitted.
- Act as liaison with Certified Background regarding updating clinical requirements and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide clinical facility information to students and faculty.
- Oversee and maintain preceptor files to ensure documents and licenses are up to date, as required by accrediting bodies.
- Prepare and submit annual and periodical reports, surveys, and reports relating to Clinical Placements.
- Maintain database for School of Nursing preceptor assignments.
- Coordinate with Director of Simulation, simulation technicians, and faculty to schedule simulation scenarios at the Azusa campus and Monrovia building
- Collect and analyze data related to clinical placements.
- Develop and implement policies related to clinical placements.
- Direct process for submitting required reports to all affiliating clinical agencies.
- Attend consortium meetings and affiliate events to represent the School of Nursing.
- Work with Contracts Coordinator to ensure affiliation agreements are in place for each clinical site.
- Conduct site visits to recruit new preceptor placements.
- Perform other duties related to job description as directed by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.