Manager, Business Operations
HERS works to create a diverse community of leaders within higher education through leadership developments programs and other programs designed for women serving as faculty, staff, and administrators at colleges and universities across the United States.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, the Manager, Business Operations will support the financial and organizational operations of the HERS (Higher Education Resource Services) central office. The incumbent to this position will play an significant role in data collection and reporting to support business decision making and research.
- Utilize Quickbooks to accurately maintain all general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and make deposits and cash disbursements.
- Process and track accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Coordinate participant invoicing and payments.
- Maintain all vendor and participant records.
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Track contributions and prepare receipts.
- Comply with required filings and postings by local, state, and federal agencies for corporate licensure and management.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for annual financial audit.
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance and Operations, ensure that all funds, physical assets, and property of HERS are appropriately inventoried and safeguarded.
- Continually review HERS business operations and implement processes to improve efficiency and reduce expenses.
- Maintain office equipment, vendor contracts and licenses, and ensure compliance with the terms of those agreements.
- Provide support and training to staff, office and Institute, related to phone, computer systems, and other technology.
- Serve as liaison with building management.
Data Management and Analysis
- Together with the Director of Finance and Operations, provide CRM administration and data management including, but not limited to, regular data audits, organizational metric development and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, etc.).
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- 3 years of experience in organizational management, preferably within a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in basic principles and underlying guidelines of accounting, fiscal management and financial reporting.
- Master's degree or graduate coursework.
- 5 years of experience in organizational management, preferably within a non-profit organization.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, May 12, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.