Assistant Professor for MS Counseling - Chicago
The College of Professional Studies & Advancement at National Louis University is pleased to announce its search for a full-time faculty member in the Counseling Program. We seek a colleague with expertise in clinical mental health counseling for our CACREP-accredited M.S. in Counseling Program. The program offers advanced graduate training in the fields of School Counseling and Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
Responsibilities for this position include teaching, scholarship, and service. Teaching expectations will cover a variety of areas within our school counseling track and foundation courses in clinical mental health counseling track as needed, including courses such as counseling theory and techniques; assessment and diagnosis, and internship/practicum/supervision.
Applicants must also be willing to teach at other Chicago metropolitan area campuses as needed.
• Earned research or practitioner doctorate (PhD or EdD) in Counselor Education and Supervision or closely related field (preferably from a CACREP-accredited program) required;
• Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) and/or Professional Educator License (PEL) with School Counselor endorsement in Illinois. Candidates who hold both credentials are especially encouraged to apply;
• Minimum of five years of experience in school counseling and/or mental health counseling;
• Evidence of effective teaching;
• Evidence of effective supervision competencies;
• Appropriate professional memberships;
• Evidence of professionalism in working with diverse populations;
• Commitment to experientially based education;
• Evidence of knowledge and experience teaching online courses and using technology in teaching;
• Selection of one or more areas of scholarly work as a research focus (Assistant Professor) or Evidence of scholarly publications (Associate Professor).
• Ability to teach in two or more of the eight (8) CACREP areas;
• Experience in CACREP re-accreditation process and/or CACREP accredited program administration;
• Demonstrated professional leadership.