Team Coordinator Level IV, Student Life
The Student Life department is the center for student interaction and engagement on campus. As such, the Student Life Team Coordinator is an integral member of a team devoted to developing a strong student-centered culture within the department and college-wide. A core responsibility will be ensuring the efficient function of the Student Life Office. The Team Coordinator will collaborate with office staff on events and activities to promote student engagement and involvement.
Examples of Duties:
- Serves as a primary point of contact for in-person, on-line and telephone inquiries directed to the Office of Student Life.
- Maintain a welcoming office atmosphere for students and provide excellent customer service to connect students with clubs and resources in line with student interests and needs.
- Provide support services including copying, mailing, creating and updating forms and materials, and filing for Student Life staff, club advisors, and student clubs.
- Assist with keeping Student Life website and portal updated.
- Schedule events on internal and published calendars and maintain internal and published calendars as Student Life and Club meeting and events are scheduled.
- Process contracts, purchase requisitions, check requests, and all other forms in a timely manner, and maintain orderly records.
- Maintain inventory of promotional materials and office supplies and order as needed.
- Pick up products as needed from local vendors, utilizing personal vehicle (travel reimbursement provided).
- Monitor and track registration for large events and utilize technology to send updates to registered students.
- Complete facilities request forms for Student Life and club meetings and events.
- Assist clubs and office staff in creation of promotional materials for events.
- Assist in the set-up, execution, and breakdown of Student Life and club events.
- Schedule and coordinate room usage for Student Life and club events. Keep daily schedule updated and posted.
- Direct Student Workers to assist with office tasks.
- Assist with planning and executing college-wide orientation program.
- Serve on Commencement Committee.
- Participate in professional development opportunities in line with role.
- Collaborate with campus departments on college-wide initiatives, events, and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- 2 years of related experience working in a higher education setting preferred.
- Ability to lift 5-25 pounds and to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle fast-paced college office.
- Strong customer service/organizational skills.
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity, and understanding of people from all economic, educational and ethnic backgrounds.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software.
- Proficient in accurate processing of forms and data entry; detail oriented.
- Experience with INB/Banner strongly preferred
- Experience completing purchase requisitions preferred
- Available to work early mornings, some evenings and some weekends, and willingness to work a flexible schedule with varied hours.
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies