Senior Director - Inland Empire/High Desert Regional Campuses
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Senior Director serves as the administrative leader of the Inland Empire and High Desert Regional Campuses. With a focus on community outreach, student service, and supervision of the effective day-to-day management of regional campus operations and functions, the Senior Director will collaborate with the academic leadership to maintain effective, high quality academic programs in an enriched academic environment that honors God First and maintains the integrity of Azusa Pacific University's mission. Partnering closely with the Senior Director of Recruitment and various academic leaders, the Senior Director is responsible to assist the university in meeting enrollment goals and ensuring quality service to regional campus students and faculty.
- Master's degree required.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of progressive management/leadership experience
- Experience with graduate and/or adult students required
- Experience in enrollment management required
- Experience with regional center or regional campus operations management required
- Experience with community relations and partnership-building; preferably in a Regional Campus environment
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Ensures effective management of all campus operations including but not limited to budget, facilities, and equipment.
- Directly oversees regional campus staff.
- Serves as a main point of contact with Graduate and Professional Admissions and Recruitment for collaboration on recruiting and outreach policies/procedures.
- Serves as liaison and main point of contact for APU to the local communities by building relationships with other organizations, creating connections with leaders, and uncovering new ways to promote/market APU programs
- Assists the Executive Director of Regional Campuses in fostering collaborative relationships with each school/college and other key university stakeholders.
- Responsible to ensure that all federal, state, university, and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines are followed at the regional campus locations.
- Responsible for supporting and collaborating with program directors/chairs to ensure effective and consistent delivery of academic programs at the regional locations.
- Responsible for new student recruitment and enrollment via the effective implementation of the respective policies, procedures, and processes as directed by the Graduate and Professional Center leadership.
- Ensures excellent service to students and faculty.
- Assists the university in analyzing market indicators to determine the regional campus' current and future needs and opportunities.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Regional Campuses.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.