Assistant Site Superintendent
Reports To: Site Superintendent
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Start Date: ASAP
Provide field and operations support to site superintendent within specified project. Perform all functions and responsibilities in consonance with the company's values and beliefs.
• Assist the Site Superintendent, where applicable, in the day to day duties of a projects administration
• Working closing under the guidelines and direction of the Site Superintendent to learn Dominus systems and methods
• Provide technical engineering information to company supervision and craft employees to ensure project complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction
• Assist in evaluation and solution of potential field problems, and referring them to Site Superintendent
• Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions
• Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear traceable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction
• Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work as required
• Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes
• Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking & creating RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list
• Participate in continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents. Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues.
• Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspections programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment
• Responsible for all duties related to concrete. Including, but not limited to ordering, reviewing, requesting tests and inspections, coordinate site works, and complete reports
• Responsible for all duties related to rebar. Including, but not limited to ordering, reviewing, requesting inspections, coordinate site works, and complete reports
• Manage onsite labour and material
• Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as required.
• Review of project schedule, providing input to Superintendent.
• Preparation of short term activity schedules
• Present oneself as a candidate for promotion by learning and understanding construction methods and developing good construction management skills
• Other duties as assigned
• Following the Corporate Health and Safety program
• be aware of all safety issues and try to enforce out on site
• walkthrough with safety consultant weekly representative to become aware
• conduct required safety meetings
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training
• Minimum of five years construction experience
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others
• Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related staff and the community
• Must have experience working on high-rise residential construction projects worth over $80 million
We invite you to join us by forwarding your resume to email@example.com (please quote Assistant Site Superintendent- ASF-F122014 in subject line). Please submit your resume by December 12, 2014.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dominus is a multifaceted Development Manager & Construction Manager, currently operating in the Southern Ontario market. Dominus is recognized as an outstanding builder, dedicated to producing the highest quality products and services, while remaining mindful of the need for being sensitive to community and environmental concerns. Dominus believes that it's comprehensive approach to providing a myriad of services will enable the company to continue to have a competitive advantage and a strong foothold in the marketplace.
In addition, the company's outstanding management team with extensive backgrounds in construction and development management will enable the company to successfully execute its plan. Dominus' excellent management team has a reputation for delivering superior results. Through a network of strategic alliances and partnerships, combined with in-house expertise, management has in a relatively short period of time adopted a leadership role in the industry.
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 06:21:54 PDT