Assessment Coordinator, Department of Education
Central College: Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), sustainability education, athletics success and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the Iowa Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and just minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten-month, half-time position to begin August 2017. This position will report directly to the chair of the Education Department and provide leadership on assessment, data analysis and accreditation affiliated with the Central College Department of Education.
Central's DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION featuring both Elementary Education and Secondary Education is a highly collaborative, collegial department that is well integrated in the life of campus across disciplines and provides rich and meaningful collaborative opportunities with regional school districts and community partners. Central College Education students exhibit highly successful Praxis Exam completion rates (over 96%) and are annually awarded the Recognition of Excellence Indicator Award for exemplary scores.
The department is highly committed to a novel developmental model to prepare students to become effective educators in elementary and secondary education. This unique model aligns with InTASC standards for teacher preparation and provides students with fundamental, developmentally appropriate coursework and experiences. The Central Teachers Academy (CTA) is an exceptional teacher preparation program, highly regarded in the state, and the only one of its kind in Iowa. CTA students are trained and paired with mentor teachers in the Pella Community School District and Pella Christian School for three years.
The assessment coordinator provides oversight of assessment and accreditation mandates for the Education Department including creation and management of data systems, completion of assessment reports, evaluation of program assessment practices, analysis and reporting of assessment data, and assurance of compliance with accreditation standards. The candidate should be collegial, collaborative, and be willing to use mixed methods and measures as appropriate to support the department vision.
- Masters degree (related to education or assessment preferred)
- Knowledge of the state of Iowa Board of Educational Examiners Chapter 79 Assessment requirements
- Experience working in a consultative role with faculty and pre-K-12 educators and administrators
- Ability to establish effective working relationships both within and outside of the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with large datasets and analysis of data
- Knowledge or prior experience with assessment management or program evaluation
- Pre-K - 12 and college level classroom teaching experience
- Familiarity with creating assessments/program surveys
- Experience with TaskStream or equivalent assessment management system
Central College is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating a diverse community. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Central College is a drug/tobacco free workplace. Academic positions at Central College use E-verify.
To apply for this position please click "apply now". Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates recommended for employment are subject to a background investigation. Please submit the following materials online:
- a letter of interest relating to your qualifications for the position
- an updated resume
- names and contact information of three references
- a completed College employment application form