Technical Data Manager
Job Title: Technical Data Manager
Location: St. Louis, MO
Duration: Long Term
Working hours: Friday till Monday (2nd shift) 1 pm - 9 pm (can extend to complete the 10 hours a day)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This individual will play a key role within Data Management team that is responsible for data aggregation, centralized data storage, data integrity, scale-able delivery and dissemination of key data metrics needed by management to make informed business decisions.This individual will be primarily responsible for (i) identifying key data sources utilized and needed across the firm, (ii) documenting, creating and improving data workflows for data collection, validation and storage (iii) working with individuals to research and implement the collection of new sources of data, (iv) creating system of checks and balances to ensure data integrity and accuracy, and (v) staying current on data management best practices, software and procedures.
This individual will work closely with key decision makers and consumers of data across the Company, and as such, will need to have strong interpersonal skills as well as advanced problem solving and technical skills.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Document data sources and uses throughout the organization.
- Develop and implement efficient and scalable data collection, validation and centralized storage processes.
- Work closely with other members of the Data team and IT to satisfy all data requests.
- Work with individuals from each department, IT and data vendors to meet business needs.
- Produce key data analyses and reports to meet monthly or quarterly needs.
- Continually improve data processing procedures and processes with a balanced focus on efficiency and data integrity.
- Monitor and stay-current on best-practices in data governance and advances in data management technology and software.
- Reviewing Month End Code Changes and collaborate for proper promotion to Production with DBA group and 3rd Party App Admin teams
- Completing special onetime data pulls for Auditors as requested by department manager using SQL scripts
- Researching data inconsistencies all the way back to root system
- Bachelors degree in business, computer science and/or related field required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of 6 years experience with database architecture or data management, experience in asset management or financial services preferred.
- Experience with UIM/OSM/ASAP is highly preferred.
- Should have worked with CSG Billing system.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills; high attention to detail.
- Pro-active, self-motivated.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills able to meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
Xavient Information Systems Inc. is a global IT engineering company. Working together with such partners as Oracle and Microsoft, Xavient is able to provide comprehensive solutions to customers with a commitment to industry standards and proven technologies in development and support. Strengths include Datawarehousing Middleware, Java, Microsoft Technologies, ERP, TQA, etc. Xavient offers IT Services and innovative practices that enable business process improvement. We provide world-class software solutions to both Fortune 500 companies and smaller companies that need to better leverage their technology investments.
Saint Louis, MO
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 08:53:40 PDT