We are hiring a Implementation Engineer for a Contract position in Dfw Airport, TX
Duration: 8+ months Contract
Location: Dfw Airport - TX 75261
Job Summary Implementation Engineer is responsible for implementing Verizon Terremark managed hosting solution. This includes consulting with new/existing customers on design requirements; configuration of Solaris/REDHAT/CentOS operating systems; scripting/execution of changes; configuration of management tools, and installation of 3rd party products required to meet the customer's contract. This position will be required to obtain NACI high clearance
• Gather/document requirements from customer for new server (physical and Virtual) deployments.
• Execute builds using the design and Visio created.
• Installation and configuration of standard/custom CI's.
• Remediating faults.
• Finalizing logical diagram and publishing to SharePoint
• Be available for support
Required Hands On Experience, Skills & Experience - Must Have
• Minimum of 3 years of IT industry hands on experience
• 2.5 years' experience with UNIX operating systems using one or more of the operating systems below:
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux on all platforms (UCS, VMWare, Standalone servers)
o Solaris 9 or 10 on SPARC and X86
• 2 year experience with scripting tasks -using Bash and Pearl.
• 3 years working experience with enterprise server platforms- Preferably HP Proliant (HP Server Devices), IBM, Dell & Sun.
• 3 years of experience in support of and administration with any of the following:
• Oracle and Oracle RAC
• 2 years working knowledge of Virtualization- using VMWare 5.1/5.5, ESX, Cisco UCS..
• Hands on experience with configuring Linux & Unix servers to support Oracle and MySQL clustered databases and for failover
• 2 year Hands On Experience of Linux clustering
• Hands On Experience of Perl, Puppet, Python, Bash, Ruby, Chef and general web services
• Exposure to Monitoring tools - Site scope, NetIQ, Solar winds.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Academic: BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the technology sector.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Hands on experience with RedHat, Solaris, AIX, Unbuntu, Debian, and SuSE
• Experience with Network Design.
• Hands on experience with SAN & NAS storage a strong plus
• Database understanding a plus
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 20:21:57 PDT