Responsible for providing quantities of material of proper quality and at the proper time to meet demands of the finishing departments, namely flatwork, uniform, mats, and dry fold.
Reports to: Plant Manager
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a safe work practices for all employees in department and report all unsafe working conditions and/or equipment immediately to Safety Committee, Chief Engineer, and/or Plant Manager.
- Establishes daily wash schedule to ensure proper flow of materials to all finishing departments.
- Monitors loading of washers to ensure that they are being properly loaded, minimizing risk of poor quality laundry.
- Ensures that proper production records are maintained.
- Continuously checks productivity of all washers, extractors, dryers, etc.
- Ensures that head count for Department is always maintained at a proper level. Shifts employees when necessary to meet production schedules.
- Ensures that all personnel under his/her authority are properly trained to perform their duties in the best possible manner.
- Maintains good housekeeping throughout department. Also follows company safety program and other prudent safety precautions.
- Ensures that department costs are in line with the department budgetary estimates. Constantly seeks cost reduction methods that can improve upon this.
- Make daily spot checks to test quality of a finished wash load.
Loop Linen Service is a leading provider of hospitality linen services. We pride ourselves in providing premium goods and services to the restaurant industry while developing and maintaining long term business relationships. Due to tremendous growth throughout the company, we are seeking an experienced customer oriented professional with strong leadership skills and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our New Orleans team.
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 11:31:00 PDT