The Shop Service Manager is responsible for the management of fleet equipment and managing a team(s) of technicians (mechanics) repairing tractors and trailers. Additional responsibilities include maintenance of equipment and machinery as well as maintenance of building and surrounding property. The Shop Service Manager is responsible for providing direction, either directly or indirectly, to a group of technicians to ensure that all repairs and maintenance to Company equipment, including trucks and trailers, are performed in compliance with the Company's safety and maintenance standards, and in compliance with all federal and state regulations. The Shop Service Manager is responsible for planning and scheduling the repair work for his or her work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity within the shop.
* Provide direction to all mechanics and appropriate shop personnel to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Oversee the planning and scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity, while effectively managing the department's overtime. Monitor the shop's operational performance and efficiency and take action to redirect activities as appropriate. Report to management on shop performance, and implement procedures for process or programmatic changes for improvement for efficiencies.
* Manage such responsibilities as overseeing daily shop huddles; coaching and counseling mechanics on performance and corrective action, when necessary; make hiring and termination decisions, in concert with Human Resources and appropriate management; oversee employee training and performance evaluation; evaluate, recommend and approve supervisor recommendations for merit increase, promotion and job change recommendations, as appropriate.
* Maintain an on-going preventive maintenance program. Identify trends in road calls, break downs; oversee maintenance of the building and property; control maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs.
* Manage relationships with outside repair facilities and repairs to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with the Company's safety and compliance procedures, and federal and state regulations; follow up where appropriate.
* Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track issues and issue resolution to ensure all works is properly completed and is in accordance with the Company's safety and compliance procedures, and federal and state regulations.
* Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to manage advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions of heavy equipment and vehicles used by the company, on site and on the road, including:
* Engine chassis repair and maintenance;
* Knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to manage the maintenance and repair the vehicles in a timely and safe manner;
* Knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to manage diagnosis and repair of complex heating and cooling systems in the vehicles in a timely and safe manner; and
* Knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure the equipment is back in an operable condition as quickly and as safely as possible.
* Manage 6-10 Diesel techs and additional parts and driver staff members objectives established by the division's leadership team.
* May require local travel.
This is a full-time position that includes a full benefit package: health insurance plans for employees (medical, dental vision), short term disability insurance, paid time-off (holidays & vacation time), 401k, and more!
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Shop Management role in the transportation industry
*Knowledge and application of safe working practices including OSHA Haz Com, OSHA Lock Out Tag Out, OSHA Fire Safety and DOT federal and state regulations.
* Knowledge of basic computer skills including OEM based diagnostic software
* Problem Solving
* Effective and professional communications skills
* Strong customer service orientation
* Ability to anticipate business needs and plan accordingly to ensure that equipment, employee and fiscal resources are utilized in the most efficient manner
* High level of analytical skill to develop a range of possible solutions to address a wide range of issues
* Organizational skills
* Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement
* Good financial management and planning skills; ability to understand financial terms, budgets, tables and reports. *Ability to develop realistic, comprehensive plans to make efficient use of resources.
We are a Family owned and operated company that has recently grown and is looking for new team members we have a great staff retention rate and treat everyone as a family member If you are looking to be someone rather than a employee number JOIN US
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 06:14:25 PDT