Automated QA Tester
Title: Automated QA Tester Location: Charlotte, NC Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
Our client is seeking an Automation tester for the Software Development Team to join our growing organization. The ideal candidate for this position will be a technologist at heart with an eye for software testing. The position requires a candidate with at least 3-5 years' experience developing and automating test scripts and executing various quality assurance and performance load tests.
What you will do:
• Work with the development team to create the program level automation test plan for a project, conceiving of the testing strategy and approach and integrating it into the CI cycle
• Assist other automation engineers in maintaining the frameworks
• Design, develop and implement Test Automation Frameworks for business critical products
• Develop testing scenarios/cases to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, boundary/negative testing and usability
• Test APIs, user interfaces, web services and/or web applications
Required Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and integrating QA processes into the team sprint
• Implementation of automated Web Testing Tools such as Selenium, Watir or Ranorex Studio
• Implementation of Load Testing tools such as Load Runner, NeoLoad, JMeter or Rational Performance Tester
• Understanding of BDD and TDD styles
• Experience implementing automated testing suites with SDLC tools such as Git, JIRA, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
• Ability to design and implement testing methods for both end to end, and individual service layers of the application stack
• Ability to identify bottlenecks in performance, and provide actionable information and suggestions to development team
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly with both technical and non-technical teams
• Excellent understanding of the QA process and lifecycle, from smoke test to integration to user-acceptance, to regression, to final release
• Experience working closely with development engineers and management in a fast-paced technical environment
• Must have "willing to learn" attitude and flexible to change and adapt in a fast pace environment with strict deadlines
• Must be able to work on multiple tasks at a time and manage time and priorities effectively
• Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
• Strong understanding of Brokerage and Trading specifically around Equities and Options (Single and Strategies) is a plus
• Understanding of Brian Marick's definition of the "Four Quadrants of Agile Testing"
• Experience in employing commercial and open-source test tools to include planning, analysis, interpretation, and report writing (Testing effort covers functional, regression, integration, performance, load, security, etc)
• Able to work in a highly visible, fast paced, changing environment
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to multitask in high paced, pressured, goal oriented and collaborative environment
• Knowledge of or experience working in financial services and/or other regulated environments is a plus
• B.S. or M.S. in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience?
TekPartners has been a trusted and proven technology solutions firm for 15 years. As an information technology partner we offer our clients proven talent through professional staffing, managed services, and IT project solutions. We understand and value the unique needs of the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. The company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture. TekPartners continues to grow and expand with office locations in South Florida, Orlando, Charlotte, and Washington, DC. Learn more at www.tekpartners.com.
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 02:10:00 PDT