Institutional Research Manager
The Institutional Research (IR) Manager reports to the Director of Institutional Research and acts as the deputy to the director in fulfilling the mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Analytics (OIEA). The BMCC OIEA compiles, maintains, and provides analyses of institutional and other data to support the operational, decision-making, and planning functions of the College. Working with the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning, OIEA's mission is to provide information that is accurate, meaningful, and useful to meet the needs of both internal and external constituencies; support assessment activities and promote the use of results for quality enhancement; and explain and interpret information important for making recommendations to decision-makers.
- Develop relevant, timely and accurate institutional information to administrators, the college community, the external community, and external agencies;
- Define and implementing research studies, designing and conducting data analyses, and analyzing and interpreting results;
- Participate in college-wide strategic planning, institutional effectiveness and outcomes assessment tasks;
- Respond to data requests from college constituencies;
- Manage surveys, questionnaires and other data-gathering instruments administered by the Office;
- Work with a variety of reporting tools to extract data from PeopleSoft/Oracle systems;
- Maintain and enhance longitudinal data on student progress and momentum;
- Design and utilize predictive models to support the College's commitment to improving student success;
- Oversee annual production of the College's Fact Book, Quick Facts, and the Common Data Set;
- Present institutional research data to various groups and meetings;
- Participate in professional development activities to stay current in the fields of institutional effectiveness, institutional research, and predictive analytics; and
- Support the Director of Research in meeting the unit mission and goals related to data analytics.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
Candidates must have six years of experience and must be sufficiently well versed in the general mission of higher education. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and possess a significant working knowledge of research methodology and data analysis, demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, and have evidence of the ability to collaborate with diverse teams and effectively manage multiple projects with competing deadlines. Candidates must show evidence of exceptional achievement in his/her chosen field as well as potential for future growth.
- Experience working with relational datasets;
- Experience with social science research design and inferential statistics;
- Experience with SPSS, R, Stata, SAS or similar software for descriptive and inferential statistical analysis and predictive modeling;
- Experience with statistical analysis and interpretation; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Excel, Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience with OBIEE, Oracle Discoverer, PeopleSoft, Crystal Reports, or similar business intelligence and reporting tools;
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools:
- Experience using qualitative software;
- Experience with conducting focus groups; and a
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in a relevant discipline
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College institutional research programs and studies related to the College's mission.
- Develops relevant, timely and accurate institutional information to administrators, the college community, the external community, and external agencies.
- Defines and implements research studies, designing and conducting data analyses and analyzing and interpreting results.
- Researches, develops and recommends policy analyses relevant to anticipated institutional planning, policy, and decision-making needs.
- Participates in college-wide strategic planning, institutional effectiveness and outcomes assessment tasks.
- Respond to data, table and report requests from college constituencies.
- Manage surveys, questionnaires and other data-gathering instruments administered by the Office.
- Manages a library of institutional planning and research documents.
- May consult with faculty and students in the design of databases for research projects
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Institutional Research Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary: $61,394 - $97,628; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
June 2, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Institutional Research Manager
Job ID: 16722
Full/Part Time: Full-Time