Administrative Specialist - CETLS
The Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship (CETLS) serves the BMCC community by providing a forum for faculty members to develop as teachers and scholars. CETLS fosters cross-disciplinary dialogue about pedagogy and scholarship, and provides opportunities for faculty professional development.
Reporting to the CETLS Director, the Administrative Specialist will provide support for CETLS daily operations, and for the design and implementation of the CETLS communications strategy.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating meetings and events. Arranging publicity, space, food, invitations, thank-you letters, setup/cleanup and, if appropriate, agendas and minutes.
- Managing CETLS data, including attendance lists, survey responses, listserv, calendar, and other data as needed.
- Assisting in the design of CETLS communications with a coordinated look and feel, including email, flyers, monitors, letters, presentations, and forms.
- Maintaining the CETLS web site and blog.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A personal or professional interest in teaching.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple competing projects.
- Ability to efficiently manage own tasks and anticipate needs of others.
- Ability to clearly communicate in writing.
- Experience managing and organizing data.
- Fluency with a range of desktop and web-based technologies and the ability to learn new technologies as needed.
- Experience with WordPress, HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite and/or video production a plus.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides administrative and program support to an administrative or academic department.
- Oversees department operations and assists management in planning department activities, creating schedules, assigning staff and preparing and delivering department communications.
- Works with appropriate offices related to personnel recruitment, expediting search activities
- Research coordinates and organizes materials for key events such as promotion and tenure reviews.
- Supervises and trains support staff and student workers.
- Manages budget and coordinates purchasing, accounting, and payroll.
- Provides instructions and basic advice to students, faculty, and others seeking information on department activities, policies, and schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
Search re-open; review of resumes begins 5/25/17
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Administrative Specialist - CETLS
Job ID: 16080
Full/Part Time: Full-Time