Assistant Director for Employer Relations - Graduate Career Management Center (Zicklin School of Bu
As part of the Graduate Career Management Center's (GCMC) Employer Relations team at Baruch College, the Assistant Director for Employer Relations will serve as a primary liaison between the Center and employers of Graduate business students. The individual will serve as a relationship specialist with employers and as the primary point person for employer-related events. The Assistant Director for Employer Relations will be in charge of social media marketing efforts aimed at employers and other external constituents, and will work closely with the Associate Director of Employer Relations, Graduate Student Career Programs on social media efforts aimed at students. The Assistant Director for Employer Relations will also conduct outreach to prospective employers. The Assistant Director for Employer Relations reports to the Director of the GCMC, working closely with the Associate Director of Employer Relations.
Responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees on-campus recruiting operations together with the Associate Director of Employer Relations specifically with accounting on-campus recruiting.
- Oversees the posting of all full-time and internship positions, including communicating with the employer, marketing the opportunity to students, tracking the posting period and applicant process, and ensuring employer needs are met.
- Takes a leadership role in the planning and implementation of career-related events, including but not limited to career fairs, industry panels, corporate information sessions, guest speakers, and company site visits for students.
- Serves as liaison between Center and graduate student clubs for the purpose of planning student-led career events and developing industry specific resume books.
- Serves as liaison to the Executives on Campus (EOC) program for the purpose of leveraging those relationships to connect students with employment needs on the part of EOC members.
- Serves as liaison between Center and employers of graduate student interns, and tracks and utilizes employer information associated with internship providers.
- Communicates regularly with employers to keep them informed of events, programs, and other news, and stay abreast of recruiting developments, company and industry issues, and market trends.
- Shares information and ideas from the marketplace with Center staff and other appropriate stakeholders for the purpose of better preparing students and developing employer relationships.
- Conducts research among prospective and current employers to clearly identify their needs and how best to meet them and tracks and reports all employer outreach, employer activity on- and off-campus, and position postings.
Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of experience in career services, corporate recruiting, human resources, higher education, marketing, business, and/or a related field are required. Master's degree is preferred. A thorough understanding and demonstration of best practices in social media marketing is essential. Experience with events planning is preferred.
Candidates should have a clearly defined interest in working in a graduate business school. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the career management and job search processes, as well as the types of industries and jobs generally pursued by graduate business students. Must have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Must have strong research, organizational, technical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task, follow-up, and meet deadlines. Experience with computer (MS word, Excel and PowerPoint) and web technology uses in recruiting is essential, including but limited to Symplicity, (or similar), Qualtrics (or similar), database management and tools.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers career development programs and services in a College or Unit.
- Assists in developing and implementing career planning programs and services.
- Takes a lead role in a portfolio of ongoing programs, such as orientation or workshop programs
- May supervise a unit or program, hiring, training, and managing staff
- Consults with faculty, staff, administrators, and employers regarding students career development needs
- Assists in collection, tabulation and analysis of outcomes data for students and other stakeholders, as well as research of employment and market trends
- Assists in policy development and strategic planning/special projects.
- Serves as a liaison to student groups, clubs, and athletic organizations.
- Represents career office on college committees, conferences, and to the College community at large
- Conducts outreach programming, orienting employers and other constituents to services
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Career Program Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
May 28, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Assistant Director for Employer Relations - Graduate Career Management Center (Zicklin School of Business)
Job ID: 16623
Full/Part Time: Full-Time