Director of Assessment
The Director of Assessment works with faculty and staff at Borough of Manhattan Community College to support and provide direct oversight over the regular assessment and periodic evaluation of academic programs and Administrative, Educational, and Student Support (AES) units at the College. This position reports to the Dean for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning.
- Provides operational oversight over institutional assessment under the direction of the Dean for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning;
- Works with college administration, faculty, and departments to maintain and enhance systematic assessment of general education and all academic programs, courses, and departments at BMCC as well as departmental self-study through the Academic Program Review (APR) process;
- Works with college administration, staff, and AES units to maintain and enhance systematic assessment of units at BMCC as well as unit self-study through the AES Unit Review APR process;
- Collaborates with academic departments, AES units, and the Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship (CETLS) to provide guidance, direction, and support in regards to the development, implementation, and review of assessment workshops, strategies, tools, and methods for the purpose of enhancing the culture of assessment and enhancing assessment results;
- Works with academic departments, AES units, and college-wide assessment bodies to ensure the effective implementation, review, and appropriate revisions of the College's Institutional Effectiveness Plan;
- Ensures timely completion of activities contained in the BMCC Institutional Effectiveness Plan and corresponding departmental and unit guidelines;
- Supervises the creation, collection, and maintenance of assessment data for program and accreditation reports and participates in self-studies and other accreditation report writing and development;
- Supervises and manages assessment staff;
- Prepares reports for Academic Affairs on the status of assessment and plans the annual Academic and AES Assessment days;
- Supports the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning with design and implementation of processes and procedures to enhance the College's culture of assessment;
- Works closely with the Director of Institutional Research to ensure that appropriate institutional data is collected, available, and provided in a user-friendly format and is returned to inform academic, clinical and all other College processes, procedures and planning;
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current in the fields of general education, assessment, evaluation, and research methodologies; and
- Serves on committees as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years' experience working in academic assessment in higher education (as part of the required eight years' relevant experience). This position requires attention to accuracy and detail and a strong knowledge of the use of data to inform decision-making. Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to facilitate cross functional teams. Experience required working in a team and project management. Familiarity with the curricular and instructional delivery activities in a university setting is strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and highly confidential information;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel;
- Proficiency using SPSS or a similar statistical package such as R, SAS, or Stata (The campus uses SPSS); and
- Demonstrated knowledge of creating, implementing, and measuring student learning outcomes at the program and course levels.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in the fields of education, curriculum development, assessment, measurement, program evaluation or related field;
- Experience in study design and statistical analysis;
- Experience using qualitative data analysis software;
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Familiarity with Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) or other accrediting bodies; and
- Experience leading diversified teams or committees related to curriculum or assessment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs College activities and operations related to Academic matters to support academic policy and student learning strategies.
- Designs, implements and monitors an array of academic initiatives, programs, priorities, and functions
- Develops strategic plans, academic program proposals, and curricular reports
- Assesses outcomes to improve services and support student success
- Creates and oversees academic support initiatives
- Administers College articulation efforts
- Ensures compliance with accreditation standards and reporting requirements
- Liaisons with faculty and professional staff in departments and offices across the College
- Manages operational and program budgets; manages, trains, and develops staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary: $75,971 - $117,120; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
June 2, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Director of Assessment
Job ID: 16723
Full/Part Time: Full-Time