Position: Accounting Supervisor
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Performs specialized accounting work required to monitor, maintain and audit the company's financial reports, participate in special projects and supervise staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct Assistant Accounting Manager regarding the daily departmental activities required to maintain accounting, breakdown, billing workflow.
- Train/Mentor Assistant Accounting Manager.
- Intervene on escalated customer and departmental issues as required.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Coordinate and ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Coordinate and ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Monitor, update, revise, improve, establish and implement processes and procedures to enhance the workflow and efficiency of the department.
- Work with the retained CPA firm to ensure a clean and timely year end audit as required.
- Oversee audits for Worker's Compensation Insurance and Collateral and Loan Certification.
- Complete and ensure accuracy of monthly Compliance Certificate and Collateral and Loan Certification.
- Monitor general ledger and company financial reports monthly to ensure accuracy.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Perform variance analysis as required.
- Organize and maintain financial records.
- Assist in the management of cash flow.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Responsible for weekly meeting with Assistant Accounting Manager.
- Represent accounting department in meetings as required.
- Conduct verbal as well as written disciplinary actions for accounting personnel as required.
- Conduct verbal as well as written performance reviews for accounting personnel as required.
- Direct and oversee Assistant Accounting Manager.
- Enforce compliance with established employee handbook policies and departmental procedures.
- Make decisions concerning promotions, separations, and shifting of staff to enhance and provide a more efficient working environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills):
- Minimum 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent Accounting/Finance experience.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in use of QuickBooks accounting software
- Proficient in use of Excel and Word
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment
- Demonstrates working knowledge of accounting work processes
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as demonstrating a team mentality
- Customer-service oriented
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 12:12:29 PDT