OnCore Application Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Regulatory Compliance
OnCore Application Coordinator
Position Number 732031 - Requisition Number 08638
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers .*
The University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical campus is seeking applications for an OnCore Application Coordinator. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will serves a key member of the application support team in the University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus. This position encompasses a wide variety of duties and responsibilities. This individual works extensively with professionals in all areas of the University, and UCD affiliates, to assist with the ongoing support of the Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS).
The OnCore Application Coordinator will be the primary individual for user support and application administration and will assist in the testing of software patches and enhancements as well as assist the Project Director in the preparation and delivery of appropriate training and documentation to the OnCore user base.
The Application Coordinator works directly with project managers, software developers, vendors, users, system administrators, and other IT specialists to coordinate all application-impacting activities in an effort to ensure the highest level of productivity and satisfaction among the users of the University ' s Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS) OnCore. This individual is also required to analyze the associated business processes and workflows to ensure that OnCore is effectively integrated into the broader user/research/clinical environment; train users and other Specialists in the use/administration of OnCore, review and grade new user exams to assure user comprehension of the system prior to providing access and provide user support in real time by responding to requests and questions.
Examples of Work Performed:
- This position requires independent action, and the use of discretion and creativity within the limits of institutional, state, and federal regulations to facilitate the research mission of the University of Colorado.
- Provide application user support to research and administrative staff, faculty, and participating satellite study sites by assisting users/teams on usage of OnCore, troubleshooting issues and escalating appropriately, etc.
- Provide application administration such as establishing user accounts and permissions, updating and modifying configuration data elements to support new projects, groups, or departments.
-Assist with development of OnCore user-oriented training programs, materials, and documentation.
-Review and grade completion exams prior to granting access to users
-Respond to request for assistance via the CTMS helpdesk (email, phone and in person).
- Provide user access and permissions based on proposed user roles
-Provide thoughtful input on design and functionality enhancements to ensure quality management and continuous process improvement.
-Attend enhancement meetings and provide feedback to the organization.
-Recommend improvements to application based on institutional goals and objectives.
-Prepare/assist with the creation of study protocol calendars and/or electronic case report forms, review new functionality, coordinate/facilitate OnCore updates and testing of these updates, identify and document OnCore customized reporting needs.
-Act as a "translator" between technical staff (Database Administrators, software developers, system administrators, etc.) and end users when necessary
-Collaborate with CTMS team in the identification, development, and maintenance, of all applicable policies, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Please Note: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position begins at $41,374 - $45,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Health Administration, the biological sciences, social sciences, or related field.
SUBSTITUTION: Work experience in a clinical research, or other field related to the position can substitute for education on a year-for-year basis. An additional two years of professional experience as described below would still be required on top of this four year substitution. (i.e., a total of 6 years).
Experience: At least two (2) years of full-time professional experience in a clinical research setting at a medical center.
- Prior experience with OnCore strongly preferred. Experience with other CTMS or data capture systems in support of clinical research is a plus.
- 2. Experience with the use of computers and web-based applications in a security-conscious environment.
- Experience with terminology and processes associated with all phases of clinical research.
- Experience working in an application support role with a strong troubleshooting background.
- Experience translating clinical research concepts and researcher needs to technical personnel and vice versa.
- Experience analyzing business operations or work flow, finding efficiencies, and implementing improvements.
- 7. Experience in technical training, including development of training plans and materials.
- Experience with the concepts of relational databases, normalization, and how databases are used by applications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Diplomatic disposition and customer service orientation with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills and a reputation for establishing and maintaining good customer and end-user relations.
- Comfortable asking questions, working with minimal supervision and collaborating with coworkers in a team environment on complex projects.
- Quick and agile Learner, able to adapt to changes in technology and its intended use.
- Able to coordinate and prioritize several simultaneous tasks with potentially conflicting priorities.
- Able to synthesize complex clinical trial information in order to facilitate decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 5 professional references with contact information. Questions should be directed to Sample Name at Christine.Ricklefs@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 03/15/17. Those who do not apply by 03/15/17 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60064 - ADM-VCR-Administration
Posting Date: Feb 27, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Christine Ricklefs
Posting Contact Email: Christine.Ricklefts@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732031