Eating Disorder Psychologist
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Eating Disorder Psychologist
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and the Pediatric Mental Health Institute (PMHI) of Children's Hospital Colorado invite applications for the position of psychologist with expertise in the assessment and management of eating disorders. The PMHI is a rapidly expanding clinical, research and teaching section in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. This section recently completed an ambitious strategic plan which includes recruitment of several faculty positions over the next year. Based at the Anschutz Medical and Research Campus, there are ample opportunities to participate in interdisciplinary professional education, research programs and clinical services.
Job Responsibilities: This position includes direct clinical care, teaching, supervision, and program development duties, with a focus on the assessment and treatment of eating disorders and patients with medical-psychiatric symptoms. The eating disorder program includes a multidisciplinary team and provides a family centered approach to care, emphasizing principles of Family Based Therapy (FBT). The psychologist in this position may also participate in and contribute to the robust psychology and psychiatry training programs. This is a faculty position with rank commensurate with the applicant's experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Required Qualifications: Applicants must have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited program with an APA or APPIC approved internship.
- Applicants must have experience working with children, adolescents and families.
- Applicants must possess a Colorado Psychologist License or be eligible for licensure within the state of Colorado.
- Must obtain Medical staff privileges at Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in eating disorders in children and adolescents including the use of evidence based treatment models including but not limited to proficiency with motivational strategies, interpersonal therapies and flexible application of CBT and DBT skills.
- Experience working with children and adolescents with medical-psychiatric co-morbidities is also preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team model and with colleagues, medical specialists and trainees.
- Experience and skill in consulting with professional colleagues and staff.
- Commitment to multiculturalism and experience with diverse populations.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Melissa Sinclair Melissa.Sinclair@ucdenver.edu *A background investigation is required for all prospective employees prior to their employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20281 - SOM-PSYCH-Child SP/G
Posting Date: Feb 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michelle Drew
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00702491