Functional Title Counselor/Social Worker
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Counseling Center (CC) is a unit within UNCG's Student Health Services. The UNCG Counseling Center provides a wide range of counseling and psychological services to currently enrolled UNCG students. The services may include short-term individual counseling, group therapy, crisis intervention psychiatric services, consultation and outreach activities. Our goal is to support and challenge students' development in ways that enable them to take advantage of the personal, professional and educational opportunities at UNCG. Our staff is committed to meeting the needs of people of diverse racial, ethnic and national backgrounds, gender, sexual/affectional orientations, mental and physical abilities, religious/spiritual beliefs, and socioeconomic backgrounds as well as other types of diversity.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Individual counseling and/or psychotherapy in the areas of personal and educational difficulties, social conflicts, significant adjustment problems and mental and emotional disorders, including crisis intervention. Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders. Group counseling and/or workshops to address students' mental and emotional health needs. Appropriate clinical collaboration, consultation and documentation.
- Clinical Consultation and Outreach Programs that address developmental issues of students, as well as mental and emotional needs of students.
- Clinical supervision and training of practicum/intern graduate students
- Staff meeting and case conferences within the center; participation in professional development; university-wide committees; staff planning, program planning, and evaluation of services.
- Other duties related to the Center and/or University activities as assigned by the Director
- Completion of appropriate course work and supervised training as required by a graduate counseling or clinical social work curriculum, an earned Master of Social Work or Master of Counseling degree and at least two years of post degree clinical experience.
- A North Carolina license is required to allow the independent practice of Counseling (Licensed Professional Counselor) or Social Work (Licensed Clinical Social Worker).
- Demonstrated proficiency in and a commitment to multicultural competence and experience working with individuals from culturally diverse populations, as well as underrepresented and/or underserved populations. Demonstrated understanding and clinical application of the intersectionality of identity and mental health. Demonstrated proficiency with the DSM-5. Ability to work effectively with young adults. Strong interpersonal skills.
- At least one year of full time or equivalent experience in a college counseling center.
- Experience/expertise in working with communities of color and/or men's issues.
Tenure Status N/A
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Student Health Services - 44604
Job Open Date 02/21/2017
For Best Consideration Date 03/20/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * Do you have the required license to practice Counseling (Licensed Professional Counselor) or Social Work (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)?
- In Process
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu