Position summary: This position reports to the Director of Project Management and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of assigned projects while ensuring consistency with institutional strategy, commitments and goals. This position provides project management for the division of Information Technology and also manages projects and technology initiatives across the Stevens enterprise. The work employs formal systems analysis methodology to analyze business needs and to review and reengineer processes. A fundamental responsibility of this position is building and maintaining excellent relations with clients, including academic and administrative units. This position also requires sound judgment and decision-making and the ability to work to work independently and with limited supervision when necessary.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and manage detailed project plans, schedules, and budgets with assistance from technical and operational managers and project sponsors
• Manage, track, and document projects, including but not limited to resources, risk assessment and contingency planning, tasks, timeline, and other key parameters relative to projects
• Recommend resource allocation and staffing strategies
• Act as liaison between the division of Information Technology and functional units as assigned
• Work in conjunction with the Business Analyst to perform system and process analysis; suggest redesigns to improve business processes, workflows, and similar opportunities for improving effectiveness; and document end-user requirements
• Develop functional specifications and recommended comprehensive process and technology solutions for client engagements
• Design and structure the appropriate process flow, interoperability, and data communication for information systems
• Research, analyze, compile, and present information, documentation, and reports as required
• Maintain awareness of best-practices in technology, service and support strategies, business processes, and other key areas directly related to the responsibilities of the position
• Assist the Director in analyzing the internal and external environment, and in recommending strategic responses to opportunities and challenges
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a field related to the responsibilities of the position; master's degree in a field directly related to the responsibilities of the position preferred
• Minimum of three years of experience working in a technology environment, preferably in, or in support of, business process and functional areas
• Professional experience in higher education strongly preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with both highly technical and non-technical audiences
• Three years of previous project management experience and professional certification preferred
• Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.