Manager - Registration Services (F/T), MFRE42060REG
Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the registration and Call Center processes and the supervision of the Student Registration Services office and Enrollment Support Center. Assure accuracy of all related transactions and apply new technologies and procedures to the student registration system. Insure the highest level of student service and satisfaction.
Position Title: Manager - Registration Services (F/T), MFRE42060REG
Duties of Position:
- Manage the processing of student registrations, schedule changes, tuition refunds and all other aspects of Registration Services, including maintenance of student registration records as required by federal and state law.
- Coordinate all aspects of an Enrollment Support Center, a newly formed College Call Center.
- Hire, continuously train, and evaluate Registration and Enrollment Support Center staff including campus Regional Center registration staff.
- Work closely with Information Technology to plan, design, implement, maintain and enhance the student registration system.
- Submit problem reports, rule writing requests, new process requests, and report requests through ATAC to reduce errors in the student records system and improve service to our students. Work closely with Information Technology Help Desk to resolve system errors and issues.
- Interpret assessment and residency policies, student hold restrictions, course prerequisites and appropriate course placements for students going through the registration process.
- Monitor budget and initiate appropriate expenditures. Make budget recommendations to the Dean. Adjust staffing to stay within budget requirements.
- Determine on-going staff development and training needs through written updates and regular review sessions.
- Collaborate with other college departments and continually seek input from stakeholders to determine areas for improvement. Evaluate and implement suggestions.
- Regularly review and update registration information in publications such as the college catalog and class schedule.
- Develop and implement objectives, priorities, and action plans for Student Registration services and the Enrollment Support Center.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the registration and call center processes.
- Remain current on student registration related issues through workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Serve on appropriate college committees/teams and advise the college regarding issues/concerns which may have an impact on the registration system.
- Coordinate off-site registration with regional centers, departments and for special college programs and events, such as new student orientation.
- Initiate sponsor billing opportunities with community organizations and businesses.
- Collaborate with specific college departments to customize registration procedures for special programs. Responsible for the coordination of incoming and outgoing chargebacks and joint agreements with other community colleges.
- Participate in the development of the registration calendar, drop for non-payment dates, refund and withdrawal dates.
- Coordinate the Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment registration process.
- Manage calling campaigns for all student service areas, write scripts, and ensure FERPA guidelines are being followed.
- Communicate with H.S. Officials to ensure all DC/DE registrations are complete by the 10th day to reach enrollment goals.
- Collaborate with the Testing Center and Academic Affairs to provide on-site dual credit registration services for High Schools.
- Provide reports to Director, Enrollment Services and Registrar and VP, Student Affairs.
- Coordinate tuition and medical appeal processes. Monitor financial adjustments on student accounts to ensure accurate refunds.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Creative Services to prepare marketing and informational pieces for Registration and ESC such as reminder postcards and electronic communications.
- Establish deadlines for late registration and make decisions regarding exceptions to registration procedures due to special situations.
- Ensure appropriate scheduling of staff to best meet needs of the office depending on phone and in person student traffic.
- Maintain and update system process maps and procedural documentation for all registration processes.
- Responsible for monitoring tuition rates based on student residency, including international students, work-in-district students, athletes, and address changes.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot registration issues due to college or student error.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data on registration processes and services to improve service to students and other stakeholders and to make recommendations for changes in college policies and procedures.
- Maintain the privacy of student education records in all registration processes as set forth in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 as amended.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
3 years experience in an educational institution in the area of Admissions, Registration or Records or similar environment with demonstrated supervisory/administrative skills. Established customer service orientation and ability to handle detailed work and multiple priorities under deadlines. Proven collaboration skills. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Ellucian Colleague system and the same as above with five years experience.
Graduate courses in adult education and/or student service areas.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, multi-line telephone, copier, Fax machine.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Registration Services - REG
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt