Remote Medical Coding Auditor (QA) (REMOTE, NATIONWIDE)
The Coding Auditor is responsible for performing coding audits on all new hires and for all colleagues on an annual basis. The audit will accurately examine and evaluate the medical record and health information in records previously coded by a colleague at a client site or stored in the remote coding system. This person must have the ability to provide educational offerings (audio conferences, written coding guidelines, articles, etc).
- Performs inpatient, ambulatory surgery, emergency room, outpatient and evaluation/management coding audits on coding colleague work.
- Performs DRG reimbursement, data quality/accuracy, physician services and compliance audits.
- Provides educational services to colleagues.
- Acts as liaison with colleague manager.
- May be required to mentor new colleagues
- Utilizes a laptop computer in a virtual office, windows-based environment.
- Utilizes various coding books, procedure manuals and on-line encoders as a resource.
- Must be colleague focused and exhibit professionalism, flexibility, dependability, desire to learn, commitment to excellence and commitment to profession.
- Maintains strict patient, physician, hospital and colleague confidentiality and follows all federal, state and hospital guidelines for release of information.
- Participates in staff meetings, trainings and conference calls as requested.
- Maintains current working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding principles, government regulation, protocols and third party requirements regarding billing.
- Supports Precyse's Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
- RHIA, or RHIT plus CCS and CCS-P or CPC.
- 2+ years of coding and auditing experience including inpatient and outpatient coding skills as well as ambulatory surgery, APC, emergency room, evaluation and management, auditing, report-writing expertise, required.
- Ability to consistently code at 95% or better accuracy and quality.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment coding test.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 codes.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently.
- Computer knowledge of MS Office.
- Must display excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write reports with management review.
- Coding skills: prospective payment methodologies, Charge description master review, physician office billing.
nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse and Equation, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Fri, 28 Apr 2017 10:33:27 PDT