Registered Nurse Case Manager
Smaller home health company looking for paid per visit RN Case Manager. Duties will include driving to patient's homes, providing care, as well as documenting on care provided. This positions offers a flexible schedule, perfect for nurses who have families. Our company is run by two RN's who have been in the field themselves and worked those long hours in hospitals and understand how stressful that is. Our patients are all in the Colorado Springs/Fountain area, range from acute to chronic illnesses, are adults and elderly only, and are so appreciative of the help they receive. Paid training is provided.
This position assumes responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and standards for home health nursing. This includes wound care, infusion therapy, med planner, and supervision of support staff such as CNA, PCP's and homemakers. On call weekend rotation required. Benefits available.
- Reviews client referral information and responds to requests and inquires as appropriate.
- Performs initial and ongoing client assessments based on Agency policy and standards of practice to ensure effective and appropriate home care services.
- Directs, plans, and initiates appropriate action independently and responsively in home care situations.
- Manages/supervises a team of RNs, LPNs, Home Health Aides, and Personal Care Aides to provide effective and quality home care services.
- Participates in human resources management to achieve quality services delivery and positive employee relations. To include employee evaluation, in-home supervision of staff, disciplinary procedures, collaborates with supervisors to identify staffing needs.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
- Performs job duties in accordance with Agency policies, procedures, and professional community standards.
- Performs other job duties as assigned within established guidelines and time frame.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current License as a Registered Nurse in Colorado. Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience. Home care experience preferred.
- Ability to supervise and direct members of client care team.
- Demonstrated strong and effective written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with clients and the community.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of home health regulatory and reimbursement requirements.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements on good repair.
PRimary Home Health Care, Inc. is a Registered Nurse owned and operated company. Started in 2008, the mission of Promoting Healing and Wellness in the Home accurately sums up our passion for home health care.
As Registered Nurses we have worked in a variety of acute hospital settings, and with our 25 years of combined experience in home health nursing and management, we started PRimary Home Health Care, Inc.
We are a member of the Home Care Association of Colorado. Our credentials include Past President of the Home Care Association of Colorado, Board of Director's of the HCAC, Colorado Board of Nursing Assistant Advisory Committee, and the Governor appointed State Medical Assistance and Services Advisory Council. In addition, we are accredited through the Accreditation Commission for Health Care.
Colorado Springs, CO
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 10:34:41 PDT