Womens Field Hockey Assistant Coach
Position: Women's Field Hockey Assistant Coach
Status: Full time Administrative Faculty Position
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, including a full benefit package
Earlham College is seeking applicants for the position of Women's Field Hockey Assistant Coach. Earlham field hockey is a member of NCAA Division III and the North Coast Athletic Conference. Intercollegiate athletics is valued as an integral part of the liberal arts education at Earlham.
The Women's Field Hockey Assistant Coach works to assist the Head Coach, performing all duties in compliance with all NCAA, North Coast Athletic Conference, and Earlham College rules and regulations.
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes through email, phone and personal contact.
- Assist the head coach with planning and executing prospective student-athlete visits to campus and with off campus contacts with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist head coach with generating and responding resulting from mailings, tournament and showcase attendance, recruiting services, and admissions contacts.
- Keep records of recruiting activity in Front Rush.
- Office Duties
- Update game video on HUDL.
- Maintain contact with Sports Information office and responding to requests from the Sports Information Director.
- Establish contacts necessary for scouting opponents.
- Be a presence in the office, able to assist player needs and communication with other offices.
- Practice/Player Development
- Assist head coach with daily practice plan.
- Help with setup of equipment for daily practice.
- Contribute to strength and conditioning program.
- Game Day Duties
- Monitor videotaping plans and maintain communication with ITAM (Instructional Technology).
- Ensure that opponents receive a copy of game video.
- Help distribute, collect and inventory player gear and equipment.
- Be knowledgeable and able to assume head coaching responsibilities in case the head coach is unable to perform his duties.
- Be an active member of the athletic department staff by attending staff meetings, supporting other athletic programs and being responsive to the needs of departmental support staff (director of athletics, support staff, athletic trainer, sports information director, equipment manager).
Requirements: Candidate must possess a bachelor's degree. Bachelor's Degree is required, Salary is commensurate with experienceThe successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA DIVISION III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working on a campus with a diverse student body.
The review of applications will begin immediately
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other differences. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
POSITION Women's Field Hockey Assistant Coach
REQ NUMBER ATH-17-00004
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Earlham emphasizes the pursuit of truth, lack of coercion, respect for others, openness to new truth, integrity and application of what is known to improving our world.
Earlham College and the Earlham School of Religion are located in Richmond, Indiana, a city of about 39,000. Founded in 1847 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), Earlham College is an independent, four-year, coeducational, residential institution of higher learning. Approximately 1,200 undergraduate students attend Earlham College on its 800-acre tree-shaded campus. Earlham College offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in 40 disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields, as well as permitting self-designed studies and a cooperative program in engineering. Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education degrees also are offered at Earlham College.
EOE STATEMENT Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest-quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.