Academic Advisor - Academic Success Center/Academic Affairs (Multiple Positions)
The Academic Advisor at Bronx Community College will work with academic departments and student services units including the registrar, financial aid and the testing office to deliver and coordinate advisement and transfer services. The Academic Advisor will report to the Academic Advising Manager.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide comprehensive advisement to full-time and part-time students in STEM areas.
- Provide students with effective and timely referral to other college and external support services.
- Monitor student performance and take appropriate action if necessary; resolve students' problems regarding curricular requirements.
- Work collaboratively with students to develop academic plans and perform graduation audits.
- Provide information to students regarding student support services, college policies and program procedures and guidelines.
- Facilitate workshops, assist departments with other advisement and registration-related activities.
- Work with Academic Affairs and Student Affairs on retention initiatives.
- Participate in New Student Orientation.
Evening and weekend hours are required.
Bachelor's Degree required. Understanding of financial aid policies as it relates to student progress and curricular options; demonstrated experience advising or working with college students; technologically proficient; experience with helping at-risk students; knowledge and experience with student success factors in higher education; ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment; and ability to creatively solve student issues in a timely manner preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides academic counseling and planning services to a diverse student population.
- Assists students with clarifying values and goals; counsels students regarding educational options, requirements, policies and procedures.
- Offers academic and personal support to guide students through the course selection process
- Provides students with effective and timely referral to other college and external support services
- Monitors and evaluates students' educational progress by conducting academic progress audits
- Establishes and maintains student files, databases and records; prepares activity reports and analyses
- May specialize in providing advice on specific programs or to specific student groups
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Advisor
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$39,282 - $71,268; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16682. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
May 27, 2017 with review of resumes to begin May 12.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Academic Advisor - Academic Success Center/Academic Affairs (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 16682
Full/Part Time: Full-Time