Professor of Clinical Surgery (Clinical X Series), All Ranks FY16/17
Open date: July 1st, 2016
Next review date: June 30th, 2017
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: June 30th, 2017
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Surgery in the School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, anticipates openings for Clinical Professors of Surgery (Clinical X Series) in its various divisions. These openings will be at the level of Assistant, Associate and Full Professor, depending upon the candidate's qualifications.
Surgical Divisions include the following: Cardiothoracic Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hepatobiliary & Pancreas Surgery, General Surgery, Oncologic Surgery, Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery, Kidney & Pancreas Transplantation, Trauma/Critical Care/Burn Surgery, Surgery Research, Vascular Surgery
Requirements - An M.D. or M.D./Ph.D., board certification or board eligibility in specialty, and a California Medical License are required. Positions are dependent upon funding. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with training, qualifications, and experience. Strong interest and demonstrated abilities in delivering patient care in an academic clinical setting, teaching residents and medical students, and providing service to the university are required. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered for the position interested candidates should visit:
https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03406, complete an online application profile and upload application materials electronically.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy
Job location Orange, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- Self-Statement of Teaching/Research/Clinical Activity - Describe participation in patient care, teaching clinical programs, clinical research, performing university and public service, demonstration of professional competency and activity
5-7 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now