Commercial Construction Superintendent
The Superintendent provides leadership on their project and is responsible for the overall field supervision of the commercial construction project.
The Superintendent of Diede Construction, Inc. has the responsibility to work closely with the Project Management team to ensure the success of the project.
The Superintendent is in contact with DDC personnel, owners, customers, subcontractors, inspectors, and city officials, which requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
• Responsible for all day to day operations on the project site including but not limited to:
Scheduling DDC personnel
• Walk and inspect construction site daily to verify compliance with company and OSHA safety requirements.
• Material takeoffs
• Communicate with:
• Complete knowledge of subcontracts
• Understanding of project documents
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
• Willingness to travel
Knowledge & Skills
• Proficient in using a computer and the below listed programs:
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
P6 knowledge preferred
• Must have strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task under time constraints and work effectively as a team player.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
• Tactful, professional demeanor with the ability to interact effectively with managers, employees, vendors and others.
• Ability to read plans.
• Ability to encourage and motivate your construction team.
• Public works experience a must.
Family-owned Diede Construction, Inc. (DDC) has grown its reputation by building with integrity since 1978. Today we design, build and manage properties throughout the US. The company continues to grow based on our ability to handle larger, more complex projects requiring our signature creativity and our comprehensive services.
We build great buildings not by being big, but by thinking big. We build trust by treating our clients, employees and subcontractors like members of the Diede family. We expedite projects by having a positive, focused attitude. Our goal is to get the contract, get on site and get it done.
The many different services that we give are:
Feasibility pro forma analysis at the initial stages
Assistance with procuring financing
Professional property management after the construction is complete.
Fri, 28 Apr 2017 16:48:35 PDT