Administrative Assistant - Office of the President
Posting Date April 26, 2017
Position Title Administrative Assistant - Office of the President
Vacancy # V-1268
Department Office of the President
Division Office Of The President
Administrative Assistants in the Office of the President provide a full range of staff and project support as part of an office team that supports the work of the President and includes the Chief of Staff, the Director of Government Relations, the Executive Assistant to the President, and two Administrative Assistants. Members of the team report directly to the President, with the day-to-day work coordinated by the Executive Assistant to the President.
All general administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Ten years of experience in a busy office environment charged with significant responsibilities.
- Excellent communication/customer service skills, including a poised and professional manner in greeting, speaking with, and providing assistance to a wide range of people, both over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Experience in document preparation, business meeting and event planning, and travel arrangements.
- Ability to draft and prepare both formal and informal communications.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Google calendar, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- A high degree of comfort working in a team environment, where each member of the team is ready to step in and help when needed.
- Ability to exercise discretion at the highest level while being trusted with sensitive and highly confidential information.
- A baccalaureate degree.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Commensurate with Experience
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Apply By Review begins immediately and continues until position is filled
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION