Laboratory Animal Medicine - 390010
The University of North Texas Health Science Center is committed to the judicious, humane use of animals in research and education. We believe that research involving living animals has played an essential role in the advancement of biological and medical knowledge. UNTHSC's Department of Laboratory Animal Medicine (DLAM) provides professional and technical service for laboratory animal care, veterinary medical services, and animal research project support for faculty, students and employees of UNTHSC. These services are also provided to the scientific and clinical communities. DLAM is committed to ensuring the highest standards of humane animal care and use that are essential in the pursuit and achievement of scientific excellence.
The Department of Laboratory Animal Medicine at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an Operations Analyst to join their team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Research variances and prepare various supplementary reports and summaries.
* Prepare a variety of periodic financial reports and updates for distribution to departmental management.
* Prepare complex ad-hoc reports and analysis using financial and operational data on an as-requested basis.
* Prepare ePARs and other human resources documentation. Interfaces with HRS staff when issues arise.
* Process purchasing requests and payment requests related to departmental activities; monitor and obtain appropriate approvals for expenditures.
* Prepare and process documents, forms, etc., as assigned for departmental business and administrative functions.
* Maintain and analyze departmental/program financial records and make recommendations to Program Director and Project Manager to improve financial position.
* Develop quarterly department/project budget, including monitoring department compliance to budget on an ongoing basis.
* Regular oversight of project budgets.
* Oversight and provision of general administrative support to departmental operations, including purchasing, business records, office equipment and supplies and management of administrative office.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications and organizational skills.
* Be detail oriented and able to work independently.
* Have excellent analytical skills.
* Be proficient in MS Office.
* 2+ years working in a USDA Licensed, AAALAC accredited facility.
* Experience with record keeping of veterinary medical records and use of specialized software to track per diem charges and protocol usage
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
The University of North Texas Health Science Center enjoys a smoke-free campus and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Institution.
Commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled