Administrative Services Coordinator
Salary: $45,624 - $65,436
Title: Administrative Services Coordinator
Department: VP International Affairs Admin
Date Posted: 02/27/2017
Position Information: The Administrative Services Coordinator is responsible for processing purchasing requests, making travel arrangements, and processing travel reimbursements for the International Affairs Office and units within (International Students and Scholars, Education Abroad and Summer Study Abroad). Provides comprehensive administrative support on a wide range of projects, including event and program logistics support.
Minimum Requirements: 1. A minimum of five years of purchasing-related work experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to independently retrieve/download financial data, perform analysis and effectively communicate results.
3. Demonstrated experience with processing routine financial accounting/purchasing transactions with an online financial system and with identifying account variances and researching discrepancies.
4. Thorough knowledge of general office procedures and experience providing a wide range of administrative support for multiple staff in a strong service environment.
5. Skill in communicating effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, using tact and diplomacy; demonstrated ability to work effectively as an individual, a team member, and with diverse groups. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
6. Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, Publisher and email software applications.
7. Ability to work in a fast-pace environment with multiple competing deadlines.
8. Skill in accurate record-keeping with strict attention to detail and problem solving.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Knowledge of the applicable federal, state, UC policies and procedures and regulations governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
2. Demonstrated experience with the UCR Financial System (UCRFS).
3. Demonstrated experience with the online Banner System.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview