Program Assistant, Admin. Svcs. (Financial Aid)
The Program Assistant, Admin. Service for the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) is responsible for assisting the office in the organization and administration of federal, state, institutional and private financial aid programs. Specifically, this position is primarily responsible for providing professional and positive customer service and assisting students with questions, paperwork, and requirements as they relate to financial aid.
- Assists in the daily operations of the Office by answering the phone and email, attending to incoming and outgoing correspondence, data entry, and front office reception as necessary.
- Determines the customer’s individual needs; provides appropriate forms, schedules appointments with financial aid officers, refers to appropriate departments
- Counsels student aid applicants, aid recipients and their families with regard to the rights and responsibilities associated with financial aid
- Understands packaging principles, performs financial calculations, and reconciles financial accounts
- Conducts financial aid file reviews, including federal verification, and packages aid for a case load of new and returning students
- Reviews student accounts annually for continued eligibility for all merit scholarship programs; manages communications to students regarding outcome of review including data entry on student accounts
- Collaborates with various campus offices, particularly Admissions, the Business Office and the Registrar
- Receives and reviews large volumes of paperwork for completeness and accuracy. Prepares student files for verification and packaging review. Handles confidential material and communications
- Provides accurate Financial Aid Office information to students through various social media platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree
- Sharp critical thinking skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to professionally interact with a diverse population of students and parents
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.