Medical Records Specialist
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.Job Description:
- Answers incoming phone calls utilizing good telephone communication skills and knowledge of Health Center policies and procedures. Registers patients confirming eligibility and including collecting correct billing information and insurance. Schedules appointments to include follow-ups.
- Coordinates all referrals for Sports Medicine Clinic including acquiring pre-authorizations with insurance and making those appointments with outside entities.
- Coding each provider and medical provider visit.
- Release of medical record information as needed following all legal guidelines including FERPA and HIPAA. Logs all transactions in computer and in the appropriate medical record.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or director. May include scanning documents as appropriate.
Have coding skills, understand FERPA/HIPAA laws, and basic medical insurance understanding.
Mobility to move about the clinic rapidly to accommodate patient flow and perform necessary duties in a confined office space, must be able to function at computer station, with telephone in confined spaces. Assist clients who are fainting by giving physical support to prevent injury and/or assist in lifting or moving a client.Special Instructions to Applicants: Please include cover letter, resume, and three professional references. Screening of Applications Begins: Screening begins immediately, and continues until position is filled. Salary Range / Pay Rate: $11.48 - $17.22 per hour Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.