Visiting Teaching Assistant Professor, Communication Studies
The Department of Communication Studies grants the B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. degrees. The graduate program is focused on three areas of inquiry: Culture and Communication, Interpersonal and Family Communication, and Rhetoric and Communication Ethics. For more information, please visit http://www.du.edu/ahss/comn.
The university and department are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive educational environment. Applicants are requested to include information about how they will advance this commitment through their research, teaching, and service. Likewise, candidates should demonstrate knowledge and experience with a variety of teaching methods and/or curricular perspectives to effectively engage diverse populations and learning styles. More information about Inclusive Excellence in the Department of Communication Studies is located at: http://www.du.edu/ahss/comn/inclusive-excellence.html
The Department of Communication Studies at the University of Denver seeks to hire a one-year, full-time Visiting Teaching Assistant Professor for the 2017-2018 academic year. The position may be extended for an additional year, contingent on continued need and funding. The person hired will teach eight courses over three quarters.
- Teach undergraduate general education and major courses, including: First-year Seminar, Advanced Seminar, Analytic Inquiry-Society.
- The candidate may also teach an advanced undergraduate or graduate course in her or his area of specialization.
- MA in Communication Studies.
- Excellent university level teaching experience in interpersonal and family communication courses.
- ABD or Ph.D. in Communication Studies.
To be coordinated with department chair.
Applications are reviewed as submitted and it is in your best interest to complete our application as quickly as possible after the position is posted.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. For questions about this position, please contact Search Chair, Dr. Christina Foust at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Letter of application that describes teaching interests and other qualifications
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (a teaching portfolio, including but not limited to a statement of teaching philosophy, syllabi, and quantitative and qualitative evaluations)
- Statement of commitment and understanding of inclusive excellence
- Names of three references, letters upon request
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 5 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.