Assistant Track & Field/Cross Country Coach
LONG BEACH STATE ATHLETICS - Assistant Track & Field/Cross Country Coach
Full-Time (Coaching Assistant 12 Month)
Salary: $52,716 per year
Effective Date: On or about July 1, 2017
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, prior athletic participation in men's and/or women's track & field/cross country; and demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations; experience in men's and/or women's track & field/cross country as a player or coach at the college level; demonstrated ability to assist with coaching and recruiting the highly skilled student-athlete; computer experience; public relations skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, excellent organizational skills.
• Assist with the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the Men's and Women's Track and Field/Cross Country program.
• Assist with organizing, conducting, and supervising all practices and meets.
• Assist with directing all phases of the cross country and track and field program.
• Coach the distance events and cross country.
• Coordinate the admission of prospective student-athletes.
• Assist with recruiting quality student-athletes under the guidelines established by the University, the NCAA, and the Big West Conference.
• Assist with scheduling nationally competitive teams in conjunction with the Head Coach
• Assist with budgetary responsibilities including team travel and recruitment.
• Responsible for all entries and travel arrangements including booking, creating and distributing itineraries for both cross country and track and field
• Update performances with Big West Conference and NCAA.
• Perform computer related tasks.
• Monitor student-athlete academic progress.
• Participate in community fund-raising efforts and public relations.
• Perform computer-related tasks.
• A letter of application addressing all three minimum qualifications listed above and any preferred qualifications (please include recruitment number) along with resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references.
• Finalist will be required to submit signed SC-1 Form and official transcript from institution awarding highest degree.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Review of applications will begin on or about May 29, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled. Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to (no phone calls please):
Director of Administrative Operations
Long Beach State Athletics
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840
In addition to meeting fully its obligations of nondiscrimination under federal and state law, CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard economic status, ethnic background, veteran status, political views, or other personal characteristics or beliefs. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer.