Full-time Lecturer, Urban Dual Credential Program
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH
College of Education
Department of Liberal Studies
Full-Time Lecturer Position Opening
Recruitment #: 2436
Position: Full-time Lecturer, Urban Dual Credential Program (3-AcademicYear - 2017-2018 thru 2019-2020)
Effective Date: August 21, 2017 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education, or related field.
• Possession of a current Multiple Subject or Education Specialist teaching credential.
• An excellent record of teaching or demonstrated potential for teaching excellence at the college level appropriate to the assignment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
• Possession of Multiple Subject and Education Specialist teaching credentials.
• Prior experience supervising Multiple Subject and Education Specialist credential candidates.
• Preference will be given to candidates whose training and experience best qualify them for particular courses to be staffed across the following subject areas:
• Positive behavior supports
• Diversity and inclusive schools
• Assessment and progress monitoring
• Multi-tiered systems of support
• English language learners
• Prior experience teaching in urban K-12 schools.
• Teach courses and/or supervise credential candidates for 15 units in the subject areas listed above.
• Participate and attend faculty meetings in the Liberal Studies Department and Urban Dual Credential Program.
Required Documentation: Please submit all documents as a single PDF file.
• Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications and indicating your area(s) of specialization.
• Curriculum vitae including a current e-mail address.
• Three current letters of recommendation (at least one of which must be from outside CSULB).
• Evidence of successful university teaching experience, if available (e.g., student teaching evaluations).
• Copy of transcript from the institution awarding the highest degree.
• Copy of teaching credential(s) in Multiple Subject and/or Education Specialist.
• Finalists will be required to submit a signed SC-1 form.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Jessica Pandya, Chair
c/o Laurie Kalhar, Office Coordinator
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Liberal Studies
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-2001
Telephone: (562) 985-8187
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins May 29, 2017. Position open until filled (or recruitment cancelled).
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, work, and thrive in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.