Production First Line Supervisor
- Plans and delegates production assignments under the direction of the Department Supervisor.
- Orients and trains associate to perform tasks in compliance with safety/environmental, quality, productivity, housekeeping, and general policies
- Communicates with other departments and shifts in order to maintain proper coordination of production and maintenance tasks.
- Reviews and analyzes production processes and results and implements corrective action, where necessary.
- Compiles information for periodic reports with respect to various topics including quality, safety, environment, attendance, productivity and scrap.
- Reviews associate performance and provides appropriate feedback and counseling under the direction of the Department Supervisor.
- Provides open, two-way communications with associates through daily contact, and shift start and monthly meetings.
- Assists with hands-on production tasks in emergency situations.
- At least three years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing company and at least one year of supervisory/leadership experience are required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is required; Related Associate degree, or equivalent, is preferred
- Working knowledge of statistical process control (SPC), root cause analysis (RCAR), 5-Why's, P-D-C-A, etc. is required
- Working knowledge of TS 16949 systems and standards is required
- Working knowledge of ERP/SAP is also required
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel is required and MS PowerPoint is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) is preferred
AAP was founded in 1988, on the principle that quality must be inherent in every aspect of the operation to guarantee the production of the finest automotive wheels. From the initial design concept to final delivery, we have set exceptional standards of quality.
As a company, AAP has flexibility, which allows fast turnaround on special orders and focused attention to our customers' needs. This adaptability, along with more than 40 years experience of our parent company, Hitachi Metals, Ltd., in the worldwide automotive wheel market, makes AAP a unique supplier. Our facility, located in St. Marys, OH, is equipped with the most sophisticated design and production equipment.
Over the years, AAP has relied heavily upon a close partnership with our associates. Since 1988, our growth has resulted in six expansions and a production capacity of over 3 million wheels per year. Aside from our growth, we are most proud of maintaining steady work for our employees throughout our 28-year history.
St. Marys, OH
Sun, 23 Apr 2017 13:23:41 PDT